Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2016, 01:00 AM   #71 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Totally wrong - So totally, totally wrong....

Who's manuals of genius are you trolling to come up with statements like this from?

"*Aeronautical engineering and automotive engineering diverged by 1922."

That makes as much sense are sticking enough apples up your bum to puke up apple pies.

I think you like to make up crap, to try and win your own arguments, by sounding important to yourself.

LOL

The rest of it is total bull**** too.

A relatively stable air flow at desk fan speeds from a ceiling extraction fan and a partially open window (venturi), with an incense stick for the smoke, will perfectly and adequately demonstrate boundary separation and the turbulence of drag.

An aerodynamically smooth object will flow through the air nicely, and a shoe box won't....

Hence the issue of making a box trailer, in the general profile of a nuclear submarine - of which there are countless examples all around us.

Rounded fronts, blended leading in and out tapers, and a tapered tail... with smooth surfaces all over....

I am so awesome. And I know it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tugger For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-17-2016)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-14-2016, 03:45 AM   #72 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Well then — let us just leave it at that.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #73 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
desk fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
Who's manuals of genius are you trolling to come up with statements like this from?

"*Aeronautical engineering and automotive engineering diverged by 1922."

That makes as much sense are sticking enough apples up your bum to puke up apple pies.

I think you like to make up crap, to try and win your own arguments, by sounding important to yourself.

LOL

The rest of it is total bull**** too.

A relatively stable air flow at desk fan speeds from a ceiling extraction fan and a partially open window (venturi), with an incense stick for the smoke, will perfectly and adequately demonstrate boundary separation and the turbulence of drag.

An aerodynamically smooth object will flow through the air nicely, and a shoe box won't....

Hence the issue of making a box trailer, in the general profile of a nuclear submarine - of which there are countless examples all around us.

Rounded fronts, blended leading in and out tapers, and a tapered tail... with smooth surfaces all over....

*If you'll review your fluid mechanics text,you'll remember that your constant,stable drag coefficient cannot be achieved until your Reynolds number is supercritical and you have a fully turbulent boundary layer.
*Since Reynolds number is a function of vehicle length,velocity,and kinematic viscosity,you can compute that,say,a 1:24-scale model would require a test section air velocity of 480-mph.
*From your fluid mechanics text,you'd also be reminded that for road vehicles in ground proximity,that you'd be operating in a compressible-flow regime and have supersonic shockwaves forming on your model,something which never happens to a 1:1-scale vehicle at legal posted speeds.
Since your degree in aeronautical engineering was predicated upon a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering,all is needed for you ,is to re-visit your reference library.
* I'm using my FLUID MECHANICS with Engineering Applications,by Franzini et al..
Any text in Fluid Mechanics will suffice.
BamZipPow (12-18-2016)
Old 12-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Doug McLean

I may have heard a lecture by him in 1997 at the annual Oshkosh Fly In.If so,I have his book.
One thing to bear in mind,is that the aerospace/aeronautical engineers who don't subscribe to Mr.McLean's theories are designing aircraft to within a margin of 1% accuracy.
BamZipPow (12-18-2016)
Old 12-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #75 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I am the top dom of all top doms - you silly sissy boy.

Sing along.....

"I think I'm a man, but I'm only a boy.

I think I'm a man, but I'm only a toy.

I think I'm a man, but I just couldn't see.

I wasn't man enough to satisfy thee."

Old 12-17-2016, 11:22 PM   #76 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Tugger.....point of fact.....Phil has forgotten more than you'll probably ever learn about aerodynamics. His manner of posting may make him seem a bit rigid and "out there" but rest assured, he is a keen intellect and true gentleman.

Your postings indicate you have a very basic understanding of aerodynamics. If you really want to learn something you may wanna quit being so confrontational and not act in such a troll like manner. If you wish to continue on your blissfully wrong understanding of what airflow does around a vehicle moving in ground effect, then continue on your present course....for as long as mods in here allow it.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #77 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Your standing up for a guy who...

Your saying in YOUR opinion, this great saviour, has forgotten more than I will ever know.....

And in YOUR opinion, what I say "indicates" I know only the most rudimentary things....

That to me reminds me of a woman I once knew who bragged that she had spilled more drugs than most people of the people she knew, had used...

I challenged her over this.

To stand up and brag about being a fumbling drug ****ed idiot, who is spilling their dope everywhere, by the bucket full...

What sort of a person does that?

And in your expert opinion????

I still have all of my engineering resources, and I have remembered pretty much almost everything I have ever learned.....

And here you are waxing lyical, about a genius who forgets everything, and can't remember anything, and you are the one who is calling me an idiot....

Yeah if your ever want a job in the aerospace industry, there is a whole heap of people in a whole heap of companies, who would jump at the chance of having a legend like you, telling them how to get their **** together and do their jobs as well....

I could probably recommend a few for you, that I'd like to see go out of business - a lot quicker.

Legends, legends, we are all legends...
Old 12-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #78 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I think you people like to argue simply because you have nothing better to do.

I have plenty to do besides listen to your collective bull****.

Unsubscribe. Got a life. Going back to participate in the magnificence of my own creation.

Leaving you losers to entertain each other with your echo chamber crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tugger For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-22-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 09:16 AM   #79 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Have fun with your Matchbox cars and incense and fan and whatever other smoke is in your kitchen. GOOD Bye!

Old 12-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #80 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)

Reply  Post New Thread