Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I did the same thing as California. I removed the steering knuckles myself, and took them to a shop. If you don't have a press, this might not be possible for the average joe. I watched the guys do the work, and it was some kind of pressure to get the bearing to go "bang" before it started to slide out. I think the gauge was around 5 ton before it budged on my right side knuckle. The right side bearing was making a grinding noise, left side seemed fine, but I replaced it anyway. Don't have to worry about it for a long time, hopefully.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog F150 View Post
I did the same thing as California. I removed the steering knuckles myself, and took them to a shop. If you don't have a press, this might not be possible for the average joe. I watched the guys do the work, and it was some kind of pressure to get the bearing to go "bang" before it started to slide out. I think the gauge was around 5 ton before it budged on my right side knuckle. The right side bearing was making a grinding noise, left side seemed fine, but I replaced it anyway. Don't have to worry about it for a long time, hopefully.
Yes I pressed one a few months ago, was 3-5 tons.

Reply  Post New Thread