Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2019, 04:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
I take conspiracy theories with a grain of salt. When it comes to Toyota eventually becoming alligned with some CARB shutdown proposal, it sounds even more unlikely, since it's focusing so hard on hybrids and featuring it as the ultimate anti-Diesel approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
It sounds like they do not want to sell CARB compliant vehicles nationwide because fewer people would trade in older vehicles for newer, cleaner, and more efficient ones because prices would be higher.
From my 3rd-world perspective, I believe some approaches which are deemed acceptable in my country would be hard to overcome in the American market, not just because of cultural factors but mostly because current NHTSA crash standards would render it very unlikely for some overseas vehicles to become available there even if they could have a considerable target market there.

Quote:
If California ended CARB, but required all cars to meet current standards, would that eliminate tens of millions of old cars that people need to get to and from work?
Maybe retrofitting some more up-to-date engine, or upgrading the stock engine at the due time of an overhaul (which may be possible for some engines), wouldn't be totally out of question.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread