Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Tyre rolling resistance comparison

I'm shopping for new tyres (205/60 R16 or something close to that) but I am having a hard time finding data comparing the rolling resistance of different tyres. I do a lot of bicycling and finding such data for bicycle tyres is easy but I've yet to find anything similar for car tyres. Can anybody here point me in the right direction?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Published tests of these tires are rare. And another problem is that after a test emerges, the tire models change and we are in the dark again. I use Michelin Defenders and love them. Others ride on the Bridgestone Potenzas and love them. Look at brand new EVs and hybrids for the tire models they are rolling on. Given the pressure for high FE to meet govt standards, those new OEM-installed tires are probably very low rolling resistance.

Here is a link (old info):
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post191778

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Reply  Post New Thread