Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 04:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Meemooer can probably tell you if it is a diffuser pan or simply vg's. I personally suspect that they are vg's..............the diffuser pan applies downforce and does away with spoilers and down force, i was previously informed down force does not make for ecomodding.............lets hope that meemooer is reading this and can correct us both.

I do know that i have seen vettes with those expensive addons and they were indeed pan diffusers. Pretty pricey stuff might as well put lead into the trunk.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-30-2008, 05:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

vg's noiseless

The 120 pound loss and fuel gain over rides a ex gal friend who can't sing and makes vg's pleasant to hear............the other is people staring at the vg's and trying to figure out what it is at least a newbie ecomodder will ask questions, my response is let them eat gas!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
VGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crexcrex View Post
Obviously the question of vortex generators may have reached the stage of overkill, i however have a question that came up today as the result of having seen two newer Honda's with vortex generators at the rear bumper.

I am talling BIG vortex Generators at least four accross the bottom of the rear bumper cover..................i would appreciate any one knowing something about the Honda vg's which are stock, built right into the bumper, Would someone please enlighten me re the built in VG'S?
thanks
Are they really VGs,or could they just be some styling gimmick.Even in aviation,where VGs originated,they were never applied to a trailing surface,as there's nothing back there to re-attach to,which is the purpose of a VG leading a flap or aileron, at very high angle of attack.I think,since Soichiro died,HONDA has lost some of it's compass.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Angle of attack? i think you have forgotten it is the angle of departure, i am not flying a delta winged aircraft...........at the speed i drive this is one car that would never build up enough speed to take off.
I could probably read the guy at the bus stop newspaper at the snails pace that the rex travels
Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by crexcrex View Post
Angle of attack? i think you have forgotten it is the angle of departure, i am not flying a delta winged aircraft...........at the speed i drive this is one car that would never build up enough speed to take off.
I could probably read the guy at the bus stop newspaper at the snails pace that the rex travels
My thought was,that on say a commercial airliner,on glide slope for landing,and slotted flaps,extended fully and lowered completely,that the turbulators near the rear off the wing,help the flow to re-attach onto the flap,which is at its highest angle of attack (and in stall for it not for the turbulator) to generate safe low speed lift,albeit with tremendous drag.------------------------------- Is that a Subaru Rex that you're driving?