Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Unhappy VX into CX swap, please make it STOP!

When the shop did the swap of the JDM VTEC-E into my Canadian CX, they used the CX computer, CX air/fuel manifold, CX exhaust manifold and 4 wire o2 sensor. So I got the right computer (PO7), exhaust manifold and 5 wire O2 sensor (with wiring mods), had to modify the fuel rail to fit the EGR valve, and now I realize that I have to get the EGR solenoid and the EGR constant vacuum valve.

My question is do I HAVE to get the VX pieces or can I use substitutes, maybe from another vehicle?
Thanks, it's not passing the Canadian emission test.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I don't see why you can't use parts from other cars...

The D16Y8 has an EGR valve located on the Intake manifold like the Z1. I Imagine this throttle body, runners and ports are all gonna be a bit bigger but it'll bolt up and work.

I don't know what to tell you for the EGR control solenoid.

Im sure someone will tell me why you've gotta have the Z1 exhaust manifold but Im not running it. Ive just got a D16Z6 manifold that flows good but should still leave enough backpressure for what the motor will need. I do wanna run a factory catalytic converter if I can though.

I was talking to a Local Honda tuner (Guy does dyno tuning for hondas specifically here in Raleigh) and he said he could get me a part number to a 5 wire 0-2 that you could get at a local parts store for less than $100.. Ill have to get back to you on that one though.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hondas did a bunch of different things with coolant flows around the EGR valve in the intake manifold. Look it over to make sure it will all bolt together..
Old 02-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the answers, I'm not worried about my O2 sensor, although I think everyone with a VX motor would like to know about a 5 wire sensor for a $100

I'm glad that you think I could use parts from another model because VX's are kind of rare up here.

I don't really understand what you mean by coolant flow being a problem, it's a universal air hose that links up the EGR components.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COBT9A/?tag=money84-20

This may not be what is needed for our VX applications but Im gonna look further into this since I still have yet to find out if mine is good or not.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Learner

nonikname - '99 Saab 9-5 2.3t
90 day: 33.71 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws6 View Post
Ive just got a D16Z6 manifold that flows good but should still leave enough backpressure for what the motor will need.
Psssst:

The truth about exhaust backpressure and torque

Quote:
"God is a God who both created the universe, and also had a plan that included me as an individual human being. And that he has made it possible for me, through this series of explorations, to realize that. It is not just a philosophy, it is a reality of a relationship. "
Francis S Collins - director of the National Human Genome Research Institute
Reply  Post New Thread