Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
DAN
EcoModding Lurker

i used smaller meaning like 175 to 155.

smaller tires cut rolling resistance". i used smaller meaning like 175 to 155. not tallness"smaller tires w

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
DAN
EcoModding Lurker

what was in Road and Track was what i have read and used for years. not just one r&t.
i have some doubt about what people are finding on their own. i know it is very hard to get a true mpg using gas station pumps. with out counting many fill ups the difference in the pumps cut off may have a big effect. as does wind and where it is driven. i try and go by standard engineering practice. and i know i can be wrong. i have made more power in my motors and on some made much better mpg. like with a self adjusting carburetor with a working water injector to stop knock as needed on its own.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
DAN
EcoModding Lurker

i talked about Air dams keeping the air out from under the car. jim hall cam up with them. the deeper the better. i was always going to make a spring loaded one. when driving around a low speed it would stay up out of the way of curbs and driveway dips. air on part of it would push it down with speed.. cars like the old z-28s had a problem with damage at low speed. too lazy to do it.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
DAN
EcoModding Lurker

Shutting down the EGR valve. well i've done it. it works , but maybe not on cold days. the heat may help. with faster warmup if nothing else. the erg and a lesser ignition advance is how nox is cut. the lower combustion heat cuts nox by heating the nitrogen in the are less. that was the big reason cars sold in America got less power and mpg than where they were made. a ford made in England was sold with a 1100 cc motor. here it first used a 1400 cc. motor. (i think)
Old 02-13-2008, 05:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
DAN
EcoModding Lurker

i am just trowing out ideas to be talked about here. not spiting on the flag. i spent my live in shops and have the burns and marks to prove it. maybe i talk different. but that's not putting anybody down
Old 02-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
DAN
EcoModding Lurker

I know that heating the air worked in carburetors, and engine manage systems use air temperature for setting how much gas to use. the hotter the less. But how it will work now is something I don't know. Also it will add to engine detonation. So try and add a cold air intake when power is needed. no i never got around to it on new cars. could not find the room on mine.

Reply  Post New Thread