EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   What's in your trunk? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/whats-your-trunk-9356.html)

Piwoslaw 07-23-2009 02:34 AM

What's in your trunk?

When reading hyperyaris' thread about rear seat removal, I thought that there should be a thread in which everyone could brag about the junk in their trunk. Admitting it is the first step, etc. ;)

So here's what's in mine:
  • First aid kit, reflective triangle and fire extiguisher - all required by law,
  • tools for unscrewing wheels and lowering the spare,
  • old rag (for cleaning hands),
  • cloth bag for shopping,
  • a few bungee cords,
  • spare bulbs,
  • umbrella,
  • blanket (to put under messy or sharp cargo),
  • toilet paper (made from recycled paper, mostly used for whiping nose),
  • rubber thingy for scraping ice.
And that's it. The spare is under the car. There is also a small pocket knife/pliers and tape measure in the glove compartment. The only thing that is missing is a flashlight, but when on long trips I usually have one in my backpack. Once the aeromods are in place I'll probably throw in a screwdriver.
By getting rid of everything I don't really absolutely need may save an extra 5-10kg, but I think that what I have is a good minimum.

chuckm 07-23-2009 07:26 AM

Small tool kit, umbrella, dirt. The spare is under the false floor.

McTimson 07-23-2009 07:42 AM

Jack, spare tire, bottle of oil, and 2 sleeping bags in the trunk.

Back seat has a bag of tools, including 3/8" socket set, couple of screw drivers and smaller pliers, vise grips, channel locks, a 1 foot section of pipe for a mini breaker bar, and a bunch of various nuts and bolts. And, a Tercel Haynes manual.

gone-ot 07-23-2009 09:35 AM

...nada! I'm already aware that WEIGHT = FE loss, to the tune of about 1-2% per every 100 pounds (from EPA data).

...for those interested in *where* the EPA got this number, here's the basic equation:

(w1/w2)^0.72 = (mpg2/mpg1)

candas1 07-23-2009 11:43 AM

My trunk is clean but I plan to save 10 kg, I'm on a diet... :)

Matt Herring 07-23-2009 12:45 PM

Golf clubs and golf shoes are the only thing I keep in my trunk that is not associated with the vehicle...(spare tire and jack are in false trunk with some small car cleaning supplies). The clubs weigh about 15 pounds...I am heavily addicted to golf and I'm ready to play at a moments notice...a weight allowance I am willing/have to make!

vtec-e 07-23-2009 01:39 PM

Whats in mine? Nada!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-vt...7-23072009.jpg
Apart from the spare wheel and jack....

ollie

jamesqf 07-23-2009 01:50 PM

I don't have a trunk - it's a hatchback. But what gets carried back there is (usually) one Border Collie (a bit over 50 lbs), her blanket, and a couple of empty grocery bags for when I need to stop at the store. The under-floor compartment has the usual spare tire, jack, &c, and tire chains in winter.

MetroMPG 07-23-2009 03:04 PM

I go back and forth between keeping the spare tire & tools in the back, and having it empty. Currently they're in there. But the rear seat has been out of the car for quite a while now - over a year.

IsaacCarlson 07-23-2009 06:31 PM

I'll tell you what WAS in my trunk as of 1 hour ago...

about 350 STINKIN POUNDS OF TOOLS!!!!!!!!! talk about sluggish, man! It took a lot longer to get to 50 than normal. and the back end was definitely lower and very rolly. but now that i have removed all of the chrome and steel, its a LOT better. ill give you the rough list.

1 steel trolley jack
1 set of wrenches from 5/32 to i think 1 7/8
1 set of wrenches from 5mm to 34mm
1 24 inch crescent wrench and multiple smaller ones (total of about 6)
2 1/2 inch torque wrenches
1 set of lug sockets
files
gear pullers
several sets of regular sockets
ratchets, tiedowns, etc
10 or 15 screwdrivers
1 tub of wheel bearing/brake grease
1 24 inch 1/2 drive breaker bar
and of course the SPARE
Well, you get the picture. HEAVY
and i didn't realize i left it all in there 4 days ago! go figure.