Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
As I mentioned, doing a search for "salvage" gets plenty of results, but everyone seems to expect non-salvage money for them.

I guess that, in the end, I just would not want a salvage car for which I would want full insurance had it a clear title.

When I left on Saturday, that guy told me that he had two people coming to look at it within the hour. I wondered if I would get my hundred-dollar-deposit back if he chose another buyer without me backing out, not that I held out any hope.

List-alert notified me of a new post while I spent hours at school after class trying to organize study materials. I thought that it was the last thing that I needed, but it was the same guy, with the same car, asking the same price.

Now maybe the last thing that I need is a third-generation Prelude on my way to school.

As low as that car is, it would be relatively easy to boat-tail, and I keep thinking about how the foam rubber spoiler bolts to the end of the deck lid.

Get a 4'x8' sheet of Foamular, cut one end to match the angle of the trunk, fiberglass in bolts, trim the other end to fit the Template, and I should be started. I could do the same with the bolt holes for the tail lights and the "Prelude" piece between, although it sure would be awkward to use the tiny trunk...

On a car that already bottoms-out regularly, I would think that I would need an ABS undertray.

I thought that it was funny, when class started on Monday I was comparing Prelude and VX rims. They should fit, but they are narrower!

As far as I can tell, the owner has not posted on-line, but the Preludes that I have found are going for two to four thousand.

Mine was $2,500 in 2,000. Yes, used cars are going for more nowadays, but you should be able to find a car ten years newer for two thousand!

Oh, yeah, salvage should be fine if you are smart...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread