Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ths battery does not look hard to replace at all. I plan on puling it apart and checking the modules to see if there at any weak ones and posting my findings on here just to see what others think. That's if I purchase the car. Its just going to be my first hybrid and its what I can afford and am willing to put out. if all works out ill be getting a newer prius next year Maybe
y father has an 02 insight and I love that thing. But I need a 4 door car.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
I'd say get busy on the Priuschat site, and any other prius forum sites. You should find some detailed information there, on how to do exactly what you need.

You might already know, the cells in many hybrid packs are individually managed, and there are far more than the 6 cells in our old school 12V lead acid batteries. That is, each cell has a couple wires coming out and the BMS (battery management system) pretty much charges each cell individually. Or at least it charges them all together, and then individually "balances" them so they all come up to full voltage, if possible.

At any rate, it's not at all like a really really big lead-acid battery, which has the cells connected internally and you just put 14-15V across the final outer terminals.

Reply  Post New Thread