Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
I got my "prize pack" from Instructables today; a t-shirt, 3 stickers, 2 sew-on patches, and a tiny plastic robot!

Still not sure when the GRAND PRIZE will show up. I expect that may be coming directly from Sears corporate.

I did stop at the Sears store today, just to get ideas.
There was a stainless steel toolbox there that was very shiny, and may have my name on it.

There's also a Sears Auto Center in a separate building out in the parking lot of the mall. I wonder if they have aluminum rims for a Geo Metro?

Seriously though, the Die Hard Platinum sounds like a pretty nice AGM battery. One issue that I have had with the original batteries I have in the Electro-Metro is that they are A LITTLE TOO LONG. In other Metro conversions, people fit 4 batteries longitudinally in the radiator area. Mine don't fit! I can only fit two there (and the other one only goes in and out by removing the head light!)

If I got 4 Die Hard Platinums, I could replace the one front battery with those four, increasing my system voltage from 72 to 108 volts. I would then charge those on a 48V charger and keep my original charger (which is still on the fritz right now....) for the back batteries.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
contest, craftsman, electro-metro, hybrid, instructables, sears