Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-civic-ex View Post
an old thread I know, but I figured I'd reply to clear up a few things. The 99-00 civic HX is the ONLY platform that used an OBD2a harness. So the obd2b ecu of any kind will not mate on to that car. A complete obd2b harness from an ex would be the closest match.
You are correct BUT only if it was the standard 5spd 99-00 HX. Main reason why is because they decided to do an "all-in-one" design with the ecu. That was when they decided to upgraded the harness as well. From 96-98 the CVT model had a separate TCU to control the CVT. The 5spd harness remain obd2a through 99-00 I guess because they felt there would be no need for changes. I've done my research on the both manual and standard ecu's for the 99-00 and they are of different design. I've already found my harness and confirm exact pinouts for the egr control and egr valve to be the same for the obd2b pinouts for the d15b 3 stage vtec ecu and I'm running pretty darn good. For now I had to change it to a d16y7 ecu auto because the d16y8 ecu was throwing codes for the lock up solenoid, mismatch of tranny and ecu was confirmed to be the issue.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thats's good to know. I'll have to remember that. Also interested in your quest for the 3-stage, so make sure you start a thread or link me to it if already done so.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Unfortunately........I got into a minor rear end accident. Because there is frame damage the insurance company might total it. The damages look like it might total more than the value of the civic.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hopefully everyone is ok. I'd really like to see more positive posts on the 3-stage with people that actually do the research and put in the time to get it running right.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

You should already know that all the info has been collected over at d-series.org. Come on man!!! We've been at it for so long. All of the wiring has been confirmed, Even have someone claim they were able to run a 5spd setup on the obd2a automatic ecu, just has revving issues but it still works.

Reply  Post New Thread