Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Magnetic Engines are Real!

Unfortunately most of them simply don't work, or at best, work only intermittently. The reasons are various, but all seem to boil down to one fatal flaw .. "Magnetic lock". My group has managed to overcome this problem, and is now finalizing prototypes up to 80HP for release within this year. To support further research, we have set up a website [URL removed by admin] to encourage people to assist with that research at minimal risk.

This is not a solicitation for investors, as we have plenty of prospective investors, including automotive companies, oil companies, and public utilities. We are issuing an invitation to participate in small ways, only, with the promise that when the engines go commercial, we all get rewarded.

Please have a look at the website for further information. Our goal is to stop subsidizing lavish lifestyles for the very people who choose to be our enemies. My personal goal, simply stated, is to never buy gasoline (petrol) again.

Come join us!
Bill Whedon

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
I looked at your website, and there is really no information there. How much will your 80 hp engine weigh? Applications? Also, the problem isn't using the magnet's field to make motion, it's resetting the magnet so it can make the motion again, that's why you need an energy input to get power output, like a motor. If you can answer my questions satisfactorily, I would be happy to donate a couple bucks, or a couple hours.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
I liked this example of a calloway gate, it really demonstrates the concept well:

And it is something anyone can put together and experiment with, like adding a roller cam to lift the magnet over the gate.

note, you can see the bar bending in the video.

Last edited by dcb; 03-23-2009 at 06:31 PM..

Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Magnetic engine basic training?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
I looked at your website, and there is really no information there. How much will your 80 hp engine weigh? Applications? Also, the problem isn't using the magnet's field to make motion, it's resetting the magnet so it can make the motion again, that's why you need an energy input to get power output, like a motor. If you can answer my questions satisfactorily, I would be happy to donate a couple bucks, or a couple hours.
I know the website doesn't contain many specifics. Perhaps that's the situation. The information required for describing an engine that actually works reliably is enough to immediately give away the farm, which would vastly upset my partners, who don't even want me on here talking about it! To answer the non-upsetting questions directly, first: The 80HP engine will weigh in at around 45 pounds less the reduction gearbox. Its primary purpose will be automotive power. The one on the bench now should produce about 20HP, which is sufficient to power a 10KW generator, thus pretty much freeing my own house from the electric company <grins very widely>

One small specific: I do not "reset" the magnets. They simply sit there on the flywheel and spin along with it. There are no electric motors starting the thing .. no batteries required.

I have a few reasonable-sized investors who are awaiting release of licensing. When that takes place, I will take on manufacturing help to be able to keep up with demand, which I expect will not be long in coming.

I urge anyone who wants to become "amicus inventor" to be aware that it is, indeed, a gamble, but a lot less so than dropping your dollars in a slot machine. Remember, please, that it's my gamble, too, which is inherently bigger than yours, and I tend to only like to bet on sure things. Like, against the KC Chiefs (my wife will kill me if she reads that!)

The secret, if you care to call it that, is amazingly simple .. so much so, that I'm utterly amazed that my dad didn't find it way back in 1952 when he was experimenting with the same stuff, nor in the 40 years afterward. But he was an ME and perhaps had some preconceptions from that place that didn't allow him to see the (to me) obvious. Kind of like my recently having to disabuse one of my ME colleagues of the notion that I was somehow purporting that I was violating the second law of thermodynamics. A blessing of being an SOP inventor is that I have just enough technical knowledge to make it work .. not to thoroughly explain the scientifics of WHY it does! (Although the HOW is very well understood).

Anyhow, if you want to toss a few bucks my way, well, God bless you, as I'm on SS and the magnets I'm using are by no means cheap, nor will be hiring a machine shop when manufacture begins in earnest!

To much, much less oil-burning in the near future!
Bill Whedon

Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Tape-Lights... LOL. I've had to do that before.

So, as many times as I've seen non-working prototypes of magnetic motors, I've had a few ideas myself as to why they don't work... and those ideas have always lacked funding.

It's a vicious thing to have a great idea and not even be able to test it in the real world... and it doesn't stop with me, unfortunately. I do wish you the best of luck in your ventures, though.

Oh, and the TapeLight, they have keychains that work exactly like that, except you can only turn them on by squeezing them. I used to make them for fun. They cost about $2 to make, and you can usually squeeze about $3 out of them from tourists or people who just need a little light.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

98 Cherokee - '98 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 17.18 mpg (US)

ZX7R Ninja - '99 Kawasaki ZX7R Ninja
90 day: 42.45 mpg (US)
The video posted shows the subject moving a magnet closer/farther away from the wheel generating the rotation. I would imagine to make this bigger to generate more power would require bigger magnets. Bigger magnets would require more force pushing it in and out(more power). Obviously you aren't going to stand there all day pushing the magnet in and out. So you would need some sort of engine or motor to power it. Taking gas/electricity to move the one magnet just to make it spin. And as we all know you can't put in 1KW and get out 2KW. Is this what your claiming?

Adjusted for my driving habits. 80%city/20%Highway.
20mpg city/30mpg highway or bust! Check out my mods so far

Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been studying this so-called Global Warming phenomenon, and have reached an irrefutable conclusion.

Global Warming is caused by idiot know-nothing politicians who don't know how to keep their mouths shut.

The solution?
It has been clearly shown that volcanic eruptions toss lots of sulfuric acid into the upper atmosphere, which effects a cooling of the earth, offsetting greenhouse gases nicely.

I suggest that we feed the politicians to the volcano gods.
I like this, by the way.

I'm curious though.. why is it that every page you "own" has been edited or updated today? Yeah, I checked.

So, before anyone here gets interested in investing, we'd all probably need to see something establishing your credibility... and you have 0 points on TradeKey, which is the first place I find that potentially matches you and your website.

Honestly, it's not likely that a stranger coming here for the first time will elicit a great investment response from one or two posts, especially being his initial 1 or 2 posts... credibility would help.

Last edited by Christ; 03-23-2009 at 08:41 PM..

Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

FastPlastic - I'm not defending any claims, but there is a slight discrepancy in what you say against this...

Magnets contain potential energy. When brought into range with something which reacts to magnetic energy, that potential energy is transferred to Kinetic energy. If the potential was 2kW, and it takes 1kW to bring the magnet in reactive range, the output could be more than the fuel input used, barring losses.

Once again, I'm not defending anything, nor am I being argumentative, just pointing out that you're not taking the magnet's own potential into account with your reply.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
you're not taking the magnet's own potential into account with your reply.
Why is the magnets potential different than that of a spring? Or of gravity for that matter?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
PaleMelanesian's Disciple

City - '04 Honda City iDSI EXi
90 day: 47.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPlastic View Post
The video posted shows the subject moving a magnet closer/farther away from the wheel generating the rotation. I would imagine to make this bigger to generate more power would require bigger magnets. Bigger magnets would require more force pushing it in and out(more power). Obviously you aren't going to stand there all day pushing the magnet in and out. So you would need some sort of engine or motor to power it. Taking gas/electricity to move the one magnet just to make it spin. And as we all know you can't put in 1KW and get out 2KW. Is this what your claiming?
This pretty much summarizes the whole pseudo-science. The energy to rotate the wheel is indeed coming from the back-and-forth movement of the magnet. The wheel adjusts itself progressively to align itself with the path that provides maximum magnetic flux alignment, whereupon the magnetic circuit is broken and re-set at a position where the whole cycle repeats. The breaking of the magnetic circuit through that magnet movement takes energy, which is the net energy input here in this exercise. Any attempt to get the moving wheel itself provide that movement is going to result in a 'lock' as the power required to move the wheel is certainly less than the power required to move the magnets that cause this motion.

Let us not fall prey to these distractions, however well-meaning they be.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread