View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Clev
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunchosen View Post
Ditto, just dropped in on the honda web site. Brand new Fit auto trans, AC for 15,550 MSRP.

If you go in with an outside creditor and tell them that you have a loan for 15000 flat and thats all you've got you can probably walk out the door with it without any other fees. I'm not so sure though because Honda is doing pretty well. If you have 2 dealers in town you can at least try it on both of them wait a few days and then go back and try it.

It was the fit basic model with the auto trans standard features include AC "with air filtration(?)"
Air filtration = cabin air filter behind the glove box.

Try different dealers. My goal was to get a Yaris 4-door auto ($15,505 MSRP) for $12,500 out the door: taxes, registration, everything. Two dealers laughed at me. The third (a relatively large dealer) came back after about 15 minutes with an offer of $13,100 out the door. Just have to persevere and know exactly what you want. Somewhere is a Honda dealer hungry enough for the business--especially if the '10's are around the corner and they have some '09's on the lot.