View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
Clev
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I've grown disgusted with newer..heavier...more standard power crap that's gonna break in 5 years..poorer economy and performance than the lighter honda's of the 90's. My 93 Sedan is off being painted now, new carpet, mint integra seats, sway bars and new exhasut await it's return. It already has a engine swap in it but I'm still enjoying 30-34mpg average thanks to the teggy LS tranny.
I think we are headed for some new advancement and drastic improvements in the next few years. I'd wait on buying anything new because I expect the new cars of today to be obsolete in a few years. No sense paying $20K plus for something that will save you $1000 a year in gas but only get 1/2 the mpg of the soon to come cars...
Depends on how you look. The current year Honda Civic is bigger in nearly every interior dimension than my '90 Accord. It has more safety and convenience features, is faster and gets far better gas mileage than my Accord and, adjusted for inflation, is about $6,000 cheaper. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't last just as long as my Accord (probably longer, since Honda's had 19 years to perfect it.)