View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
FastPlastic
Master EcoModder

98 Cherokee - '98 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 17.18 mpg (US)

ZX7R Ninja - '99 Kawasaki ZX7R Ninja
90 day: 42.45 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95CHERJUST View Post
Hey Fastplastic

How did you do your clear plastic in your grill again???

Also what do you think will work better for me. I bought 8 inch wide rubber by like 80 inches long, i was going to attach it to the front air dam to block air from hitting lower front end and then attach metal from there back to the front axel so it blocks air to go under the jeep better.

do you have more photos of your mods? your front end is more aerodynamic then my 95xj, mine is more open and more boxed in area's.

also any other mods that helped your FE
I cut the Plexi to fit snug inside the grill slots, then used 1/8" wide strips of double stick foam tape along the tiny lip to hold them in. The air pressure will push them against the grill, so the tape only needs to be strong enough to keep them from falling out when you go to stop. The only thing I don't like about the arrangement is as the weather changes I end up needing more tape. I've been tempted to get some rare earth magnets and glue them in, then maybe switch to galvanized steel for the blocks. That way you could just yank a few if it's starting to get too hot.

I wish I had more pictures, but I'm afraid what I've put up on my thread is about all I've got so far. If there is any angles you're interested in I can see about taking some more.

So far aero and the scan gauge are about the only major mods I've done to mine. These have such horrible aero dynamics (0.51cd if I remember right) just about anything you do to smooth out the air flow does wonders.

Adjusted for my driving habits. 80%city/20%Highway.
20mpg city/30mpg highway or bust! Check out my mods so far