View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Just a couple days ago, the diodes for Chris' controller arrived in the mail at my house, (along with a diesel flywheel) and Chris jumped on getting them, and finishing off the controller. Just this morning, I saw a YouTube update that Chris was already finished building the controller.

After making sure both the throttle AND the current sensor were hooked up, Chris made this video.

A couple of things to notice about Chris’s controller. The 0-5K potentiometer he is using is an electronic twist throttle. This will mount directly to the handlebar of the motorcycle when complete. Also notice that all three buss bars stick out the same end of the controller. On mine, the M- bar sticks out the opposite end to make more room for attaching the cables. On Chris’s, the M- is on the same end, but sticks out extra far, and will have some shrink wrap around the base of it.

If you want to check out Chris’s blog, please visit:

Chris C

PS: In his blog, he leaves out the fact that he had to break-in to my house (with my permission) to find the correct version of the current sensor for his controller.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos