View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Clev
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
So Fly SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
Cool, thanks. So, I'm going to Sacramento from Ontario tomorrow and that's... $151 each way? Plus fees and taxes? You mean I have to wait three weeks if I want a decent price? And then it's still $79 one way. But I was told that Southwest was going to solve all of my regional travel problems!

Quote:
Absurd... most wear and tear on highways is due 18 wheel tucks (shipping). That would not change and the required repaving would not change
There are 6-9 times as many cars as trucks on I-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmgolfer View Post
California is flat broke (unless they (you) tap into their 82 billion in CAFR funds that is) and they should not ask a flat broke federal government to finance their white elephants on the backs of future generations. Here's and idea for you... If you Californians think a wiz bang train ill fix your budget woes (Califorina and their "green economy" are losing 100 companies for every three that decide locate there)... then raise your gas taxes some more and pay for it!
That's funny, coming from somebody in a state that gets $2.05 in federal money for every $1 in federal taxes they pay. Maybe if we weren't bankrolling the welfare states we'd have more money to spend around here.