View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
REVENGE OF THE ELECTRIC CAR - now on DVD

Hi everyone!

In case you haven't heard, REVENGE OF THE ELECTRIC CAR is now out on DVD.

See the web page for where to get your copy.

I mail-ordered it, and my copy arrived yesterday, but I had a night-class, so I didn't get to watch it until tonight.

I'm just wondering what you guys thought of it - whether you saw it in the theater or just watched it on DVD.

For me, it did NOT have the same emotion to it that WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR? WHO KILLED was such an amazing story, especially all the heart from the owners of the EV-1 when it got recalled.

REVENGE really was just a documentary focusing on the current mainstream electric cars coming to market, plus the drama of Tesla, and a little color thrown in by Reverend Gadget.

Maybe it's because for me, the electric car has been alive ever since I saw WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR. I've worked on my electric bicycle, motorcycle, Electric Geo Metro conversion, bought a Citicar, fixed up an Electrak mower, and have been around the blog-0-sphere and back.

Nothing in the film was really that new or exciting for me (although I hadn't heard about Gadget's place burning down!)

I really think a much more interesting film would be JUST about Dave Cloud, Bob Beaumont, Bob Rice, Lee Hart, Cal-Cars, and all the other "little people" that are secretly changing the world.

My wife's car - which she has had FOREVER - is just finally dying. Time for something new. I e-mailed a couple friends asking for car advice. One response was from my oldest brother, the traditionalist of the family. He recently bought a nice used Prius. In part of his response, something caught my eye - he said "I personally will probably never buy a pure gas vehicle again".

Now THERE's a sign of a changing world. Not what car manufacturers are building or not, but changing the ideas, attitudes, and beliefs of what our world should be.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos