View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Talk about an early start

Ever thought there would be a 14 year old interested in econoboxes, and hypermiling them? (or one that could spell correctly on the internet...?) Well now there is one! Im really looking forward to driving, and doing mods like the ones on this forum to cars. I started riding dirtbikes when i was 6 years old, the first bike was a 1993 honda 50. Then came the other bikes: yamaha TT-R 90, Honda XR 80, CRF 100, Yamaha TT-R 125, Honda CR 85RB (peaky *****), and my current awesome honda CRF 150RB. You may want to cringe at the gas mileage figures this thing has. At about 30-35 mph on a flat trail, my 150rb manages 50-60 mpg. That is with a 149cc engine! (Race engines, figures...) My interest in engines started when i was about 10 years old, when my dad bought a new echo string trimmer to replace our old craftsman that wouldn't run. So instead of throwing the engine away, i detatched it from the trimmer and started taking it apart. Fast forward a couple years and i have already helped rebuild a CRF 250R top end, done numerous valve adjustments, do all my own maintenance, and am doing engine tune-ups for yard equiment and small offroad vehicles. I am looking for my first car to be a 2011-2012 ford fiesta 1 liter/3 cylinder, with a MANUAL TRANSMISSION. (and the turbo of course). Can you believe that? A 14 year old who thinks realisticly, and doesn't want a ferrari, or lifted jeep wranger/bro truck (with truck nuts hanging down). I must be special. (gives self pat on back.) Well, i'll be around the forum. (most likely the motorcycle part) On a side note, i made a motorized bicycle which got 140 miles to the gallon. I should be able to get at least 165 mpg, since i finally got 7th gear to work (only 6 speeds before) about 60 miles into that gallon. Unfortunately that was the only gallon i got valid data on. The engine might not last long enough to get an mpg figure on. ;( I made the mistake of breaking in the engine with marine engine oil, (liquid cooled engine oil) and the bicycle engine is an air cooled 48cc two stroke. Consequently, the cylinder wall has scratches deep enough to feel with a fingernail. Only 560 miles on that engine... ;( At least i can get more for cheap. On an unrelated note: Brohoof? /)?