View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #246 (permalink)
NachtRitter
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
Conspiracy 101: It has been said the last bunch of wars were fought over oil.

It has been said (on hundreds of web sites...go look them up yourselves) that the oil companies have been behind the major of suppression events, by buying patents, scaring people to stop, by sabotage, by doctoring the local fuels to stop vapor carbs, to many other dirty tricks.

It has been hinted that oil companies and auto makers killed the Turbine cars, the early (the last 30 years) electric cars, and now perhaps the AIR CAR.

The reason is said to be they fear the lost income from our massive use of oil and the much lighter use that would happen with the other cars...

And before some smart guy jumps in with this fact, I will point out the Turbine was not a great MPG car in fact it was as bad as the other cars MPG wise, it its case it lack of service parts and projected 500,000 to one million life seems to have partly done it in.

I will point out it was super clean : smog wise.

Rich
The turbine GUZZLED fuel... the claim that the oil companies killed it doesn't even make any sense at all... it's "silly" as you call it.

And you have heard of electric cars, right? They can use ZERO oil-based fuels (depends on the grid of course), require ZERO oil changes, and the service parts are a fraction of a comparable ICE car. So electric cars shouldn't exist since (as you claim) both car companies and oil companies are going to lose out. Yet here they are (or here they come)... Nissan Leaf, Chevy Spark EV, BMW i3, VW eGolf, Ford Focus Electric, Tesla S ...

How is that possible??