View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #109 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasElectric View Post
California98Civic
In Texas (where I live) the law is 750w motor, 20mph top speed, and weighs less than 100lbs. I meet the weight criteria at least . I passed a few cops on while I was out and nobody seems to care (i'm not acting like a hooligan). ....
... I'm sure you'll still watch that 25-30mph speed preference a little as you pass officers... one day, one of 'em might get curious and look closely at you, wondering... then come investigate. There's a chance of it anyway.

Thanks for the updates. Is it possible your controller is misreading voltage? I'm still dumbstruck by the range you are estimating. 192 miles seems really long for the setup you describe. (I guess I might just be envious!)
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.