View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Tonight, I attended my local City Council Meeting.

There was an open house before-hand about a master plan of changing around the downtown lakefront. This includes changing parking, and adding greenspace and public art. (See the presentation PDF file HERE.)

At the city meeting, the lakefront changes presentation was the second item on the agenda, followed by public comments to the City Council.

I became a Public Commenter, and stood before the City Council. (This is the same room the Municipal Traffic Court meets in, in case you have been following my Electro-Metro Speeding Ticket Adventure).

I asked the Council to please keep in mind Electric Vehicle and Plug-In Hybrid charging stations when making changes to parking in the city.

I was very nervous speaking. A web cam is much less intimidating...

Hopefully, this will at least get the ball rolling on public officials thinking about charging stations.

I happened to be sitting behind one of the team of consultants that did the lakefront master plan presentation. He asked me for a card, and I wrote down my contact information and "electric car charging stations for Oconomowoc" on his note pad.

Maybe they will contact me for more info on charging stations!?

Who knows.

At least I am trying to make some small difference! Hopefully it's working!

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos