Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #41 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
CanvasDoors_red004a_shadowedit.png

So, this is how the canvas doors look?

I wish that I had $12,000, although I am not sure that I would purchase one just yet...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
Alright, I see on their webpage 12kwh lithium ion batteries. Does anybody know what motor it uses? Does it have regeneration braking? What motor controller does it have? Is the charger built in or separate and is it included in the price?
Old 11-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I do not know about the rest, but I remember reading:
Quote:
Because of the availability of hand controls, Arcimoto has given the SRK two braking systems: a conventional hydraulic system operated with a foot pedal, and a regenerative braking system that is activated by a hand lever. Frohnmayer expects that regenerative braking will provide most of the stopping power for the SRK in real world use.
Arcimoto Announces Production Plans for $11,900 Electric Reverse Trike - The Truth About Cars
Old 11-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Yes, they have regen. braking. Says so in one of the videos.

So far as I know, nobody knows what controller/software/motors they are using.

want to build 150 mpg diesel streamliner.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool, after looking into the cost of an electric conversion on my Subie I realized there was quite a range in the cost of parts. I was hoping for this much money it wasn't an old golf cart with in line seating rather then side by side.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #46 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
So I got myself over to that side of town, and just in time.

YOU'RE INVITED!
VEHICLE LAUNCH AND SHOWCASE
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14TH
TIME: 6—11PM

EVENT LOCATION: BROADWAY COMMERCE BUILDING
44 WEST BROADWAY NEXT TO SIZZLE PIE

MUSIC GUESTS MARV ELLIS AND DV8

They were kinda busy. I asked if they would have the delivery model there and he said "We hope to". The 50 Alpha production models will be heavily instrumented, as a precaution against that first injury lawsuit that will attempt to take them down.

Last edited by freebeard; 11-13-2015 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Xist (11-13-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 01:40 AM   #47 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
So I got myself over to that side of town, and just in time.

YOU'RE INVITED!
VEHICLE LAUNCH AND SHOWCASE
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14TH
TIME: 6—11PM

EVENT LOCATION: BROADWAY COMMERCE BUILDING
44 WEST BROADWAY NEXT TO SIZZLE PIE

MUSIC GUESTS MARV ELLIS AND DV8

They were kinda busy. I asked if they would have the delivery model there and he said "We hope to". The 50 Alpha production models will be heavily instrumented, as a precaution against that first injury lawsuit that will attempt to take them down.
I'll sign a waiver of they give me one for less. I hope these are not like the GM EV1 where the company owns the cars.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:35 AM   #48 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I took the EMX bus downtown.

The venue was dark and noisy, like a bar or night club. Half the light was ultraviolet, little kids shoes were lit up like Christmas tree ornaments. I left before the band started up. But not before the complimentary beer and pizza. Thnx!

I talked to at least three people. Mark Frohnmayer, son of David Frohnmayer, (past State Attorney General and past President of the University of Zero, now passed), the principal. Jesse Fittipaldi, Business Development Lead and John Simpson, Embedded Systems Designer. It was loud and I can't hear so any errors or omissions are my own. They showed two examples of the SRK8.

The first question was a test "What's the towing capacity?" They had a non-zero answer (500lb) so they passed. Two passengers plus 200lb load capacity.

Non-adjustable regen, no creep, water cooling loop, inverter and charger strapped to the top and bottom of a big heat sink. One controller for the twin single speed motors lights and switches. (Note to self: two motors a differential and two wheels. What goes on there?)

They showed one base model stripped to show the mechanicals and one with the base model body. Canvas or solid doors, the box for the back and windshield wipers were not present. I hear the base model was a pile of parts 4 hours earlier.

I sat in the front and back. In back I could pass my hand between my knees and the seat-back (I'm 6'1"). In front, foot-room was about the same as the left leg in the driver's seat of a VW Beetle—on both sides. The most comfortable position was with my feet on the lower A-arms.

The steering was locked so I couldn't see how long a pant would fit on the front wheels. One CAN bus, not OBDII port yet.

They seem to have updated their website, or maybe I'm discovering old stuff, but the site was dog slow this afternoon and now it says:
Quote:
I just placed my pre-order, how soon can I expect my SRK?
We will begin production end of 2016. Those who place a pre-order now, can expect to receive theirs within the first several months of the start of production.

Will the SRK include air conditioning and heat?
The base model of the SRK will have vent and heat for defrost and cabin comfort. We plan an upgrade option to offer a full HVAC system.

Will the SRK have a stereo system and speakers?
We plan to offer a range of audio systems as upgrades to the base model SRK. Actual prices for options and service items for the SRK will be disclosed as we get closer to final production.

Do you provide SRK fleet vehicle options?
Yes. Custom and branded fleet vehicle options are available. Please contact Arcimoto Sales at sales@arcimoto.com to learn more.

What is the manufacturer’s warranty for the SRK?
The SRK includes a standard 3-Year/36,000 mile warranty.
So, Elio could still ship first, more power to them. I think the SRK8 is a better fit for my needs. They were taking refundable $100 deposits and I had cash in my pocket. Shoulda done it. If I liquidated my weekly driver, spare engine, engine parts and sets of wheels, that would about cover the base vehicle, then I could take a $3000 loan for the body panels and pocket the operating cost savings.

I asked Mr. Frohnmayer if he had a message for the forum and he came up with a paraphrase of their 'ideal urban vehicle' slogan. We'd been talking about the Whittaker anarchists, so I suggested stealing their slogan: 'a better world is possible'
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Hersbird (11-16-2015), NeilBlanchard (11-16-2015), niky (11-18-2015), Xist (11-16-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Another 3 wheel; it seems that so many manufacturers are stuck in 2003. Now maybe another discussion should begin!
Translogic 188: Defiant EV3
A 3 wheel I really liked in 2003 had 4 fantastic videos, then in 2005 there was the green shell on Craigslist in a pile of trash- price- [make offer]. I wonder if history will repeat itself.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

It would be faster backwards.

That one's interesting because last Friday I was talking to someone about the last 3-wheeler out of Eugene, OR. It was a red, topless version of the Defiant with a VW rear engine.

It ran one year in the Eugene Celebration parade. The VW club tried to get a tour of the shop, but the owner was too secretive to allow it, and then it faded away.

The time frame seems about right, I'll see if I can pin down the year and name.

@003? Here's an electric Morgan concept for Goodwood, that is slated for production:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/19/morgan-three-wheeler-ev3-goodwood/

Faster and lighter than the gas powered version.

Reply  Post New Thread