Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #131 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Beast - '93 Fleetwood Flair includes kitchen sink
90 day: 9.2 mpg (US)

The Bigger Beast - '03 Winnebago Sightseer Motor Home
I deleted the circuit.

I deleted the comparator circuit. I went with the Jcar module. It works much better and I built it and it works! Only $30.00 from Australia.

I am still having fun trying to calibrate the MPGuino. My rig is a large motor home with a 75 gallon tank, now at 1/4 tank, it will take $264 to fill it up. A 40 mile round trip calibration run at about 11 mpg = 3.63 gallons X $4= $14.62 per run. Gettin' kind of expensive.

The best mileage is on a very long drive of 300 miles on the expressway. Drive a very slow 53 mph. Coast on all down hills. Accelerate as quickly as you can so the tranny up shifts quickly. That sounds crazy, but every time the tranny shifts up the fuel usage drops 1-2 mpg. Hey, it starts at 1.5 mpg in low gear. The good mpg starts at 45 mph. Town driving will get ya 5 mpg!

Cheers

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #132 (permalink)
My way is the low way

MyoldFord - '65 Ford Taunus 20M Turnier
90 day: 27.59 mpg (US)

Plastic Spaceship - '94 Renault Espace
90 day: 24.03 mpg (US)

Sussu - '82 Suzuki Alto
2 years ago I was quite happy with the simple filtering circuit I made, but then I got another car and it had normal injectors, so I deleted the filter.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/165849-post82.html

Summer vehicle

My dad's tire pressure is much higher than your dad's!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:39 AM   #133 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

problem seems inconclusive as to what is the best solution

This problem seems inconclusive as to what is the best solution. I read through 14 pages of posts on this thread and did not find a clear answer. Is this a dead subject, or did the conversation move to another thread somewhere? I was hoping that with all the R&D being posted here it was developing towards a solid engineered solution but then thread died without a clear answer.

Please advise. as my car is an 88 Honda CRX HF with Peak Hold Injectors.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #134 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

MPGuino/Jcar fuel mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forums123 View Post
This problem seems inconclusive as to what is the best solution. I read through 14 pages of posts on this thread and did not find a clear answer. Is this a dead subject, or did the conversation move to another thread somewhere? I was hoping that with all the R&D being posted here it was developing towards a solid engineered solution but then thread died without a clear answer.

Please advise. as my car is an 88 Honda CRX HF with Peak Hold Injectors.

Thanks
I never found an answer to the problem on my MPguino/Jcar module. The MPGuino works nice, but only in a "sweetspot" speed (50-54 mph) . When I accelerated higher the MPG just climbed along with the speed. I would see 16 Mpg at 70 mph. That speed usually gets 7 mpg, calculated. The Jcar pulses were a good square wave.

I looked through the code and didn't see any red flags, but I am not the best programmer either. It has to be in the code somewhere.

So I run the slow speed and watch the MPGuino and adjust the throttle as needed. I usually have to back off the throttle to get better economy.

Getting good mileage means that you must maximize momentum. Once up to optimum speed , do everything possible to keep your momentum, or gain some going down hill.

Even pulse and glide is a means of maintaining momentum. It does this by short bursts of fuel burn and then a form of coasting by slightly backing off the throttle. Your coasting offsets the fuel burn by a large factor.

So I think this thread is dead.

I have to write up my mods to my 26 ft Fleetwood Flair motor home sometime. Amazingly I have often 20 mpg twice and 15 mpg many times.

Cheers

Kudos in reading all 14 pages.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #135 (permalink)
kep
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for your work done, but it does not work with nozzles, peak and hold, I found a sketch. It works, could you add this algorithm to your code?
Excuse me writing serz translator
Attached Files
File Type: zip mpguino code meelis11.zip (21.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-31-2021, 09:50 PM   #136 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It has ben quite a while since I wrote about the old Fleetwood Flair. I have sold it last year and have bought a used salvage 03 Winnebago Sightseer. It has an 8.1 Liter engine that needed a lot of tlc. First many broken things line sink faucets and a busted (frozen) water heater. It needed 6 new tires too. Now to the engine, It missed and I replaced the sparkplugs and wires.. It ran decent but not up to par. Eventually, I replaced all the ignition coils. It runs quite well but not as good as the old 454. 9 MPG is the rule here. I plan to put a new K&N air filter maybe Amsoil ATF and rear-end lube.

Driving @ 50 mph I see up to 15 MPG on my DashDyno SPD gage I was hoping or somwething better than that. I'm still working on the better mileage.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:25 PM   #137 (permalink)
kep
EcoModding Lurker

tell me, is such a current sensor suitable? ACS712 30A Hall sensor module ACS712 aliexpress

Reply  Post New Thread