Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

How old is she? (It probably accounts for her observation and preference.)

Having been married for more than 30 years, I've learned a few things about women:

A. Women do not think like men do.

B. Women fantasize at least as much as men (probably due to their reading women's magazines). "Oh, isn't that cute?" (etc.)

C. Women change their minds... A LOT.

Get used to it...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
I think the big question here is: If she gets it...will you mod it for her?
I think the big question here is not if but WHEN she gets it....

I'd like the looks of a Corvette sitting in my driveway too, but so far that hasn't happened, although there's one for sale that I have to drive by everyday in my regular driving routine. I'm just afraid to stop, look, and fall in love. I'm probably better off looking from a few hundred feet away!!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Has she driven one? Depending on her driving preferences, she might decide that she hates it after getting a feel for how it handles. Make sure you have her drive some cars, too, so she can get a feel for how it compares. Have her try to park it, too, it looks like a nightmare with how big it is and the terrible visibility.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread
Old 05-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

see if you can talk her into an Element. similar blocky styling, much nicer inside, much smaller eco-footprint.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Toylet - '87 Toyota Supra 350 Chevy V8 / 700R4

In-Durrrr-Oh - '09 TMEC Enduro TMEC 200cc Enduro
90 day: 60.9 mpg (US)

Tem-poo - '86 Ford Tempo GL 4 Door 2.0 Liter Diesel 5 Speed
90 day: 47.52 mpg (US)

Ass Tick - '01 Pontiac Pontiac Aztek GT 5 Door

Green Baby Poop Stain - '01 Pontiac Aztek Aztek Base Model

Black Track - '01 Pontiac Aztek GT
Know exactly where you're coming from buddy. She'll let you hear about it every day too. Mine wants another SUV as well. 'Sell my car and get one.' Whatever. Make me a sandwich.
VT247
Old 05-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Cd -

I can't blame her for liking the way it *looks* (I'd install a Pikachu tail made out of a magnet). I loved my Tonkas too. But you gotta crunch the numbers and show her the cost of ownership. Registration + fuel + insurance.

PS - I wanted this when I was groing up but the Karmann Ghia in me couldn't *justify* it :

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Toylet - '87 Toyota Supra 350 Chevy V8 / 700R4

In-Durrrr-Oh - '09 TMEC Enduro TMEC 200cc Enduro
90 day: 60.9 mpg (US)

Tem-poo - '86 Ford Tempo GL 4 Door 2.0 Liter Diesel 5 Speed
90 day: 47.52 mpg (US)

Ass Tick - '01 Pontiac Pontiac Aztek GT 5 Door

Green Baby Poop Stain - '01 Pontiac Aztek Aztek Base Model

Black Track - '01 Pontiac Aztek GT
Those were cool looking. To bad they had a POS 301 turbo Pontiac in them. The 400 Pontiacs and 403 Olds engines were much better.
VT247

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Cd -

I can't blame her for liking the way it *looks* (I'd install a Pikachu tail made out of a magnet). I loved my Tonkas too. But you gotta crunch the numbers and show her the cost of ownership. Registration + fuel + insurance.

PS - I wanted this when I was groing up but the Karmann Ghia in me couldn't *justify* it :

CarloSW2
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The wife had a Murano averaging 21.9 MPG (fact instrumentation). She gave it to her daughter after the daughter got rammed to the tune of 7500 in damage, so the grand kids were "safe". Tried to talk her into a Honda Fit "too small". Finally got her into a Rogue and she has averaged close to 29 MPG.

I have never heard a thanks for the almost 50% better mileage. One time driving the daughters Murano I was hitting 35 MPG on the Interstate at 60 MPH with some drafting help from a Uhaul box truck. Managed 33 MPG on a off Interstate road trip in the Rogue.

Never heard the end of the Chinese drip torture complaints about the lack of a power drivers seat or back up camera on the Rogue, or any appreciation whatsoever of the fact that we bought the Rogue for $18k on 1 Jan 09 when they were willing to discount it more than just about any other time in the great recession.

Meanwhile I am riding bikes (she would be seen dead on one) or my recycled Altima and trying to make up for her poor choice in fuel efficiency. Maybe I should just medicate myself and get hypnotized and programmed so I would realize how "lucky" I am.

regards
Mech
Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
CD, your only prayer of a chance is that she remains your girlfriend. That way she gets to pay the arabs to make here reverse oil well move.

regards
Mech
Old 05-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Never heard the end of the Chinese drip torture complaints about the lack of a power drivers seat or back up camera on the Rogue,
Never join a Honda Odyssey Owners Forum. Latest complaints:
The little compartment that holds loose change is not felt lined on certain models.
The LED "ambient" lighting isn't as bright as the pics in the brochure make it seem.

18k seems like a verrrry good price for the Rogue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthemidget View Post
I would make a spreadsheet comparing the weekly, monthly, and annual fuel costs for various vehicles,
Include insurance costs as well. My Dad was on me to put our son in a pickup instead of a CR-V, because the pickup was "safer", so I went and looked at insurance rates. Turns out Pickups cost at least 40% more. And that ain't because they are MORE safe. Sorry, end mini-rant. Anyway, try to include insurance too. I found a website where you could find a sort of indexed insurance cost for all kinds of vehicles without having to go through all the details of a Progressive quote. Can't remember the name of the site, but it is out there.

Reply  Post New Thread