Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyguy View Post
It's also in the BOM along with the other components. Send me a pm with your email and I'll give you all the info required for the project.
Sorry to clutter up the thread, but I do not have eough posts to PM . Could you send the info to pnikolajevs remove_and_replace_w_at_symbol hotmail.com

Thanks!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
EV Builder

pnikolaj,
Files sent!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #53 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

harlequin2 , would the postage cost to Ireland be the same? I'll take 3 boards and send funds as soon as you confirm.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer View Post
harlequin2 , would the postage cost to Ireland be the same? I'll take 3 boards and send funds as soon as you confirm.
Unfortunately, the postage to Ireland is thousands of dollars!

Ha, ha, just kidding. As far as I can tell from the NZ Post internet site, its near enough the same price.

If you take 3, that's 8 boards accounted for out of 15. Anyone else wants one, I am recording those who send money via PayPal on a 1st come 1st served basis.

Last edited by harlequin2; 03-01-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Old 03-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #55 (permalink)
EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouMan View Post
harlequin2
if I understood you right I think I sent you the right amount for 2 boards, let me know
I would love a cupple pre programed pic's to have as a starter (one to play with and one as a backup) then when I get my own programmer and blank pic's to learn what to do to program my own personalized chip for my setup I'll be set.

I'm a bit inclined to go with the non-CAN option as I can't see what I would use it for at this time. And it might be nice to have those i/o lines available for things like a speed sensor. Accordingly, I am going to buy some 18F2420-I/SP chips. If you are OK with this, I'll get a few extra and send you a couple.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Money sent for 3 pieces. If it costs any more to post just let me know and i'll send the balance.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouMan View Post
sounds great harlequin2
by the way I'm ok with anything at this point LMAO
Hey guys, read the files! I am going to program my micro to for kms not those other things - miles? went out with King George, I thought - and as I'm using Li cells freyguy has agreed to give me some firmware that doesn't bother with Peukert. And my battery capacity is 138 AHrs.
So if you want me send you a programmed micro, read the configuration stuff and let me know what parameters you want programmed in. You might as well start with something useful. Don't want to clutter this thread unnecessarily, so send me an email with your name and required parameters and out of the kindness of my heart I will program them in. Provided there aren't more than a few!
If you let me know in time, I can probably stick micros in with the pcbs and so the postage will cover both. They are about $5 from Mouser I do believe.

Last edited by harlequin2; 03-01-2011 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #58 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Are the files posted somewhere? I am not getting any response from my PMs. Thanks
Alvin
Old 03-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #59 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
would anyone be willing to zip up everything and start a wiki page with the zip attachment?

http://ecomodder.com/wiki

and the most important step was skipped, it needs a name
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #60 (permalink)
EV Builder

BOM Substitutions

Hey guys, there are some parts from Mouser on backorder but there are substitutions in stock-
TLV2472CP or IP can be used for TLV2472AIP
TRS202EINE4 can be used for TRS202ECN
MHE-132 & MHE-133 can be used for MHE-135 (terminal blocks are tongue & groove and can slide together to make longer lengths)

Other corrections-
Pricing shown for PIC18F2480-I/SP was digi-key. Mouser is cheaper at $5.56
Added 16-pin socket p/n for U7
Changed p/n for 8-pin socket to cheaper one (and now same series as other sockets on this BOM)

I've been working on the code a bit more (is it ever done?) I added 3 more peukert exponents- 1.15,1.10,1.05. The latter intended for LIFEPO4.
I'm also working on some display mode options to help automate what is displayed:
i.e. overtemp condition lights LED and jumps display to temperature screen,
If motor amps=0, SOC screen is displayed. As soon as car starts moving, it jumps to Volts/Amps screen. So anytime you coast or come to an intersection you can see the remaining charge & range without touching anything. Display select button is still funtional though.

apowers, sit tight I didn't want to email you anything until I got the BOM updated.

-Chris

Attached Files
File Type: xls Cougar LCD Instrumentation Board BOM_3-02-11.xls (27.0 KB, 47 views)
Reply  Post New Thread