Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #451 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
Very nice!

OG VX (09-11-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #452 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Update 9/5/2015: The OG VX Attended It's First Show!

Today was the first time I've taken the VX to a car show or event. I admit that I entered the parking lot rather nervously, not really knowing what the reception would be from the crowd at today's Cars and Coffee meet here in Charlotte. To my surprise, it appears the car was really well received. People were very supportive, and even though me and some buddies arrived late and got a spot waaayyy in the back of the lot, the VX had constant crowds throughout the morning.

I placed a sign on both sides of the car, hoping to spread the word about eco-modding and my build threads. Most people that passed the car stopped to look and read it, which was great. Here's the sign:

My only regret, I forgot to bring the "show plate" that I built several weeks ago

I'll be sure to bring it to the next show! It was a great feeling to see so many people in support of the build, and I really enjoyed getting to meet and talk with people about the car, and ecomodding, in general.

More updates to come. As always, thank YOU for ecoTuning in!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (09-05-2015), California98Civic (09-05-2015), Daox (09-05-2015), Fat Charlie (09-08-2015), jedi_sol (09-08-2015), The donkey CRX (09-05-2015), user removed (09-10-2015), vrmouseyd15b (09-06-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #453 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Great story... and I gotta go check out your thread on honda-tech... have they been supportive, I wonder?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
OG VX (09-07-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #454 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

MULE VX - '92 Honda civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 92.6 mpg (US)

White 94 VX "Show Car" - '94 Honda Civic VX VX
90 day: 79.92 mpg (US)

The Walrus - '02 Honda Insight base
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 100.88 mpg (US)
Great story OG, thanks for spreading the word about our community of Ecomodders!!
The Following User Says Thank You to The donkey CRX For This Useful Post:
OG VX (09-07-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 01:09 AM   #455 (permalink)
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
"Show plate" haha that will look cool! All your hard work looks beautiful, I'm glad it was well received at the show.

Thanks,
Victor

The Following User Says Thank You to vrmouseyd15b For This Useful Post:
OG VX (09-07-2015)
Old 09-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #456 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
When I was finishing up mechanical issues with my Forester, I finally turned the dirty interior. I need to vacuum again, clean the crevices, and spot clean, but it is looking pretty good!

However, it seems that some of the old radiator fluid leaked onto one of the floor mats, staining it red. I scrubbed and scrubbed, with plenty of rinsing, and it looked far better, but now there is a big pink spot on it.

If I spray that pink spot the color of the rest of the mat, do you think that it would look okay?

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #457 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
When I was finishing up mechanical issues with my Forester, I finally turned the dirty interior. I need to vacuum again, clean the crevices, and spot clean, but it is looking pretty good!

However, it seems that some of the old radiator fluid leaked onto one of the floor mats, staining it red. I scrubbed and scrubbed, with plenty of rinsing, and it looked far better, but now there is a big pink spot on it.

If I spray that pink spot the color of the rest of the mat, do you think that it would look okay?

Thanks!
Yes sir! Spray and brush it in to the sourrounding fibers. Make sure you get the duplicolor vinyl and fabric spray. They make a bunch of colors.
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
Xist (09-11-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #458 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
My ex is a dirty girl...

Thanks!

These are not of the floor mat in question, which I believe got messed up while I was working on the car, like the trunk liner, which seems a little warped.

These are samples of how the car was when I got it back:

I do not know what she had on the plastic, but I scraped off a portion:

I really like cleaning with water, just because it cannot leave a residue. When I pulled the floor mats, the carpet looked clean, but was sticky, so I grabbed my citrus cleaner. It said to use a rag and then clean with soap and water. I have scrubbed the mats with plain water, dish soap, and citrus cleaner. I am currently trying two parts hydrogen peroxide and one part blue Dawn. I found some lady's blog. She showed a picture of her floor mats and said that it was embarrassing that she allowed them to get that dirty, even with four kids.

I thought mine looked worse and it probably took those four kids longer.

The lady said that once you sprayed the cleaner on it, run them through the washing machine. I have not tried that part yet.

Thanks for your feedback and good luck with your projects! I always look forward to your updates!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-29 Floor mats.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	18696   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-02 Dirty interior.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	18697  
Old 09-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #459 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Thanks!

These are not of the floor mat in question, which I believe got messed up while I was working on the car, like the trunk liner, which seems a little warped.

These are samples of how the car was when I got it back:

I really like cleaning with water, just because it cannot leave a residue. When I pulled the floor mats, the carpet looked clean, but was sticky, so I grabbed my citrus cleaner. It said to use a rag and then clean with soap and water. I have scrubbed the mats with plain water, dish soap, and citrus cleaner. I am currently trying two parts hydrogen peroxide and one part blue Dawn. I found some lady's blog. She showed a picture of her floor mats and said that it was embarrassing that she allowed them to get that dirty, even with four kids.

I thought mine looked worse and it probably took those four kids longer.

The lady said that once you sprayed the cleaner on it, run them through the washing machine. I have not tried that part yet.

Thanks for your feedback and good luck with your projects! I always look forward to your updates!
Thanks for the kind words Xlist! I've enjoyed updating the thread. It's relaxing to me.

Man, that wagon was a bit disturbed, wasn't it, ha!

Yeah, agreed on the residues. It's hard to find good chemicals that don't do more damage than they do good. Oven cleaner, for instance, which I used to clean my engine earlier on during this build- amazingly-easy grease removal, BUT leaves a chalky residue. Armor All- grease, grease, and more grease.

Those mats though, I'd take some Super Green to them with no second thoughts. Scrub with a thick bristle nylon brush, then rinse. If you take them to the car wash, some will even have little brackets/hangers to hang them on while you spray them with the power washer.

That dash, maybe try some Goo Gone wipes? Then follow with water on a cloth to take off the residue?

303 Aerospace Protectant is my absolute favorite interior dressing. But, at $22-24 a bottle plus the $8 or so shipping to import if from the UK...meh.

Here's a link, for those so inclined:

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/303-products

Last edited by OG VX; 09-11-2015 at 11:20 PM..
Old 09-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #460 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Update 9/12/2015: The OG VX Goes in for a State Inspection

Two minutes after pulling in: did not pass.

BUT THEN...

....and.....

...and then: PASSED!

An eco-modder always arrives to an inspection prepared

That is all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
92civicvx (09-12-2015), BabyDiesel (09-12-2015), Fat Charlie (09-18-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread