Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Please keep it civil.

I don't want to close down this thread because there is some good conversation in it, but please be respectful of others and follow forum eticiq...etticcit...etiquettte...um. Good manners.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
ADHD Savant

Great White - '01 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 36.89 mpg (US)
I know that there is some promise in this experiement but Christ showed one me a page that caught my interest and concern. I was looking at the temperatures and don't remember them exactly but gasoline burns at what, 790-900 degrees? Now hydrogen burns at 200 degrees higher temperatures. What are the long term effects on an aluminum engine block? Steel?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
HHO is always going to be a heated topic here, especially because there is a whole lot of talk about it and still no proof that any retrofit system works. Sure, it improves combustion efficiency in highly tailored environments, but what does that mean for us? Unless one of us is building and engine from scratch, I think, not much.

If you want to talk about specs on building hho systems and fiddling around with that stuff, go here: HHO Forums - Trying to facilitate the production of HHO for the common folk. - Powered by vBulletin EcoModder is for proven or scientifically sound modifications and driving techniques, so let's keep it there or junk will have to be culled. What's more, EM is a place of civilized discussion, meaning no name calling or blatant rudeness. If you break the rules you will be yelled at, your posts deleted, and you banned. So keep that in mind,
Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
To answer the question, the hydrogen cars that are currently in production are equipped with aluminum engines.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
ADHD Savant

Great White - '01 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 36.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
HHO is always going to be a heated topic here, especially because there is a whole lot of talk about it and still no proof that any retrofit system works. Sure, it improves combustion efficiency in highly tailored environments, but what does that mean for us? Unless one of us is building and engine from scratch, I think, not much.

If you want to talk about specs on building hho systems and fiddling around with that stuff, go here: HHO Forums - Trying to facilitate the production of HHO for the common folk. - Powered by vBulletin EcoModder is for proven or scientifically sound modifications and driving techniques, so let's keep it there or junk will have to be culled. What's more, EM is a place of civilized discussion, meaning no name calling or blatant rudeness. If you break the rules you will be yelled at, your posts deleted, and you banned. So keep that in mind,
I saw this post turning sour when Christ responded so I made another one on another problem or rather, another thing that hasn't been extensively covered here.

Reply  Post New Thread