Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #7281 (permalink)
MJ

Finally finished reading this entire tread. 7281 posts! Very impressive. Looks like I have found the right controller for my future EV. Now I'm off to read some of the related threads.

MJ

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #7282 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I'd like to build this controller. Is there still a link to a kit somewhere? I thought I saw one before but now I can't find it again. #shouldabookmarkedit
Thanks
Old 11-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #7283 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZzs View Post
I'd like to build this controller. Is there still a link to a kit somewhere? I thought I saw one before but now I can't find it again. #shouldabookmarkedit
Thanks
Here's Paul and Sabrina's web site

https://pandspowerelectronics.ecwid....rds/c/16287307

Hmm. No kits that I see.

The bare boards are listed. I think it comes with a link to a bill of materials .. it used to. You'll need to make the mount for the heat sink, the cover, etc

You can buy the newer 1000A version there as well. Control board only, you'll have to supply the IGBT, heat sinks, etc.

It's been a while since Paul was on the board. Not sure how quick his response to emails will be, but he's always responded to my emails ..
Old 11-22-2018, 12:22 AM   #7284 (permalink)
JP

Schematic Links

Good day All
I have found this post from the instructable link. I want to build one of these, or to be more specific I am first costing everything to convert a car to a EV. I see all the schematic links is broken even on the Revolt wiki page. So I guess this is not completely open source any more or the links moved.

I would not mind buying the bare PCB's from Paul since this will be cheaper than manufacturing it myself and also supporting him for all his hard work. But with no schematics or BOM I will not be able to cost my project and see if I will go ahead. As well as a electronic enthusiast I like to know the operating principal and some details. I have most of the power electronic parts and capacitors lying around, so it is more the electronics and circuit I need.

Would any one still have a link to the schematic and BOM?
Old 11-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #7285 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Hello! Yes, I'm sorry I've been busy with work and life. I sold my milling machine, so I can't drill the metals, but I can provide all the other info, including software, bom, etc... for the 500amp controller.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:03 PM   #7286 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Hello! Yes, I'm sorry I've been busy with work and life. I sold my milling machine, so I can't drill the metals, but I can provide all the other info, including software, bom, etc... for the 500amp controller.
i need full information on how to make a
Open ReVolt controller
please check PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #7287 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Hey @Paul and @jackbauer ... does it make sense to have the build info hosted all in one place ... since @jackbauer normally hosts the code for any of his projects on his own github?

@Paul has had issues updating with Github in the past, and the manual wiki used to reference photobucket .. if I remember.

Just a suggestion! It sounded like a win-win-win scenario.

This would be AWESOME (from my point of view) for the 500A DC controller, the 1200A DC Controller, the AC controller, the DC/DC converter that uses the ATTiny, and the resolver-to-encoder board
Old 02-18-2019, 12:21 AM   #7288 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I downloaded git (a linux thing), and am going to learn it, and then start using github. It's an unintuitive mess to me, since it's mostly for collaborative things, but I figured I better learn it.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:43 AM   #7289 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

controller not working

I had buit the paul & sabrinas controller about 4 years back and since then i'm using it in my car.Never gave me any problems.But this week when I was driving on a steep slope, the car just stooped, and wouldnt move with the accelerator. The green and yellow light comes on, but I noticed that when I press the trottle Pot the green power Led becomes dim and then when I release it comes to its original illumminity. The contactor comes on..
I checked the onboard dcdc converter and linear regulator,they r fine..What could be the problem??Please help
Old 05-17-2019, 01:32 AM   #7290 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Pwm controller

Hi Paul
I am looking your old 140 v 500amp control board and power board
I want to put my kart on electric .can I buy from you ?
Thanks

Reply  Post New Thread