Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2024, 04:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
No doubt you're right. My only question was what is the suspicious network activity that was flagged.

What say you? Having to assert I Am Not A Robot is an impediment and there's a lot competing for my attention.

Was that intended to be reassuring?

I won't register so I can sign in just to enlarge some thumbnails.
I don't see any "suspicious network activity" from either my Win 11 system (Chrome and Edge)or my Linux Mint System (FireFox) freebeard, so its impossible for me to know what that may be on your system.
I can only guess that it's ISP specific.

I do use the uBlock Origin's anti adware, malware etc browser extension in all those browsers, so that may be the difference.

There were no complaints about my Sci-Hub.ru links elsewhere, so I have added a new link to the paper. Hope that's working well..?

Google's bought out VirusTotal:
ye... well what Google wants is no one competing with their spyware so no doubt any AV flagging any of that has been ...'persuaded' not to.
But all the AV software used is supplied and maintained/updated by the vendor, so it's the best/easiest way for us all to have some clue.

Is VirusTotal asking you to sign up?
I am signed up (free) but as far as I know the site works without signing up.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-25-2024, 09:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,129 Times in 995 Posts
Just went to .RU. First thing it wants is to load a plug in that I seem to lack but that plug in really annoys my security.

Annoying my security is adequate suspicion for my taste to avoid that site
Old 05-25-2024, 12:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,671 Times in 7,147 Posts
Quote:
I don't see any "suspicious network activity" from either my Win 11 system (Chrome and Edge)or my Linux Mint System (FireFox) freebeard, so its impossible for me to know what that may be on your system.
Thanks. I'm sorry I derailed your thread. It was PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair).

Quote:
As grid power here in the 'New South Africa' is more off than on; Serial Hybrids also give one the option of always having house power when you get home in said vehicle..!
The house power is AC or DC?

Old 05-26-2024, 09:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Not a far step to add a function for 110//220 vac 40/60 cycle operation at whatever amp you desire from your inverter/controller. Perhaps a hundred lines of code and a 400v battery.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The house power is AC or DC?
220V 50Hz AC same as the UK IIRC.

I know where you're going with this:

A battery does not care what frequency is being rectified to charge it, so one can use a more economical new style genset where the rpms are set according to load and any 50/60Hz AC is from an inverter.
(which you need anyway to drive your motor at varying rpm's)

That works but kinda scuppers the whole:
Tune cam, intake and exhaust length and timing for a fixed rpm thing.

I'm still leaning toward the fixed rpm genset (simple), where it's sized to produce just enough power to cruise at say 120 km/h, plus a bit extra as regen is not 100% efficient.
But many ???s still.
Old 06-06-2024, 07:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Not a far step to add a function for 110//220 vac 40/60 cycle operation at whatever amp you desire from your inverter/controller. Perhaps a hundred lines of code and a 400v battery.
Exactly!

The 100 lines of code is where I start losing the plot tho.
Last I did any programming was in Basic.
I think the most complex thing I wrote was to work out the dimensions of 2-stroke expansion pipes.
Old 06-06-2024, 09:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

A lot of the time, someone has already written a very close program and you just need to change some parameters. Worse case it's writing the whole thing, BUT, AI can do that, I have done that. Tis just a case of writing down the steps and making the language you use look like your step process.

Cobol on the other hand was a beyatch for this because it wasnt a language that lent itself to doing not business processes. Could be done however, there's better languages. Basic would work fine still just less intricate.