Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2024, 07:49 PM   #531 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,612 Times in 7,093 Posts
I didn't recognize the reframing of the questions because I didn't dwell on each one. Some tests give a better result if you give an initial reaction rather than over-thinking each answer. an example is Briggs-Myer (I'm an INTJ); have you taken that one? It would be of interest to take the Compass Test twice, once answering Agree 100% of the time, once with Disagree -- to see where the results would fall. Then Strongly Agree and Strongly Disagree.

Odd that you come back to a thread when you have no interest in the subject.

Obvs you have no exposure to R. B. Fuller. His analysis would be fourth dimensional. Four at 60%, not three at 90%. I know you haven't read Synergetics, but have you even looked at it?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1EnZV73mlL.jpg

The test's usefulness is that it's two dimensional, to break people out of the one-dimensional paradigm. Further cross-axes are possible but people tap out. Large Language Models use millions of parameters.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (04-30-2024)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-30-2024, 11:46 PM   #532 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
"Scholars will say whatever you pay them to, just like scientists and doctors."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic View Post
Chuckle.
That isn't a refutation.

Shall I assume you trust the conclusions of environmental scientists paid for by Big Oil? How about doctors paid for by the tobacco industry?

Quote:
I'm into certain ethics and certain wisdom.
What is the fundamental framework for those certain ethics and wisdom?

Quote:
Should humanity continue to destroy what remains of Earth's ecosystems?
Needs elaboration, as it isn't given that Earth's ecosystems are being destroyed. The human ecosystem has continuously and vastly improved over the ages, especially in recent times.

Quote:
Should humanity have weapons deployed that can kill millions of people in short order, and would probably destroy society?
No, but then what's your practical suggestion? Once the cat is out of the bag...

Quote:
Should there be an effective international justice system, or should international injustice prevail via the barbarity of economic weapons and explosives?
This could use more elaboration also. I could interpret this to mean that Sharia law should be incorporated into international law and impose upon societies not inclined to treat women as property, in which case I would respond that "international justice" should not prevail.

All justice is enforced via formidable threat. There is no such thing as justice enforced impotently.

Quote:
Do animals have the right to not have their bodies and lives exploited?
From human law, no. From the law of nature, still no. Animals tear themselves apart continuously, and they have no internal mechanism to participate in an ethical framework.

That said, people of the future who enjoy high quality, low cost, lab grown meat will consider us as backwards barbarians, because that's what the current generation always does; judges past people by current ethical standards, as if we possess the capability of enjoying future paradigms before they come to pass.

Quote:
Should the wealthiest nation-state ever have people living on the street?
Depends on where you fall on the libertarian vs authoritarian scale. The libertarian is likely to state that people who choose to live on the street should be allowed to live on the street. The authoritarian might say they should be locked up in mental institutions or drug rehab facilities.

Quote:
Should the wealthiest nation ever have people going without proper medical care, or go bankrupt due to medical care?
Define wealthiest. Define proper... left-thinkers tend to have a good opinion of the efficacy of government programs and be in favor of political solutions. Right-thinkers tend to have a poor opinion of government programs and are more inclined to local solutions.

Quote:
Should we invest in preventing pandemics, even if it's a negative return on investment (the Covid-19 pandemic could've been prevented)?
How could the pandemic have been prevented given that zero countries avoided it? The only way to prevent a pandemic is to prevent travel... and even then it's a fool's errand given the amount of illegal border crossing. You'd have to make the penalty for travel of any sort be immediate death, or some such draconian measure to prevent a pandemic.

Quote:
Should there be billionaires?
Probably, given that nature has produced them.

Quote:
Should someone that tried to steal an election be eligible for election?
Someone found guilty of election tampering should not be eligible for election, maybe. The way you keep someone you don't want from holding office is to not vote for them. The reason I'm against age limits for POTUS is because the way you keep someone you don't want from being POTUS is not voting for them.

Quote:
Should the State have the legal right to kill humans (death penalty, economic warfare, warfare, policing)?
This is very discombobulated. If someone poses a serious immediate physical threat, the state should have the right to stop them from killing you, up to and including killing them. That means policing.

No idea what you mean by economic warfare. Taxation, perhaps?

Quote:
Should lethal weapons be replaced with less-than-lethal weapons?
Should food be replaced with less-than-food? It's non-sequitur because they serve different functions based on differing circumstances.

Quote:
Should lethal weapons be illegal to manufacture?
My hands are lethal weapons. The point of manufactured weapons is to level the playing field so that anyone from a petite woman to Goliath are potentially equally formidable.

Quote:
Should pharmaceutical businesses be held responsible for their unethical roles in illicit use of legal drugs?
This is another authoritarian vs libertarian question. People are either responsible for their decisions, or they are not. Worded differently, they either have sovereignty over their body and decisions, or they are subjected to another authority.

Quote:
Should people be working 40 or more hours per week?
Productive people; yes. Unproductive people, no.

Quote:
Should tax revenues be used for war and the threat of war?
It's the #1 most fundamental purpose of taxation. If you say no to that, then all the rest is gone as well. Securing the sovereignty of the nation is the highest purpose of government.

Quote:
Should women be more or less forced to give birth?
That needs more context. Women should choose if they want to become pregnant or not, and make decisions based on that.

Quote:
Should humanity continue being in competition for resources and wealth
Of course. It's baked into the most fundamental part of human DNA. You're asking if humanity should continue being human. What's the alternative, we incorporate ant DNA so we go about as drones mindlessly serving a colony we're not even aware of?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 05-01-2024 at 12:31 AM..
Old 05-01-2024, 09:08 AM   #533 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

"Define define."

Somehow that "alt hist" channel ended up in my YouTube recommendations. I watched about 10 minutes of one about the next civil war. The young guy (team?) has the talent to make a video, but the things he says are just dumb. For example, he said something like, "Men are either 1 or 10 in that they'll either barely tolerate you or want to kill you."
Old 05-01-2024, 07:06 PM   #534 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
"Define define."
Depends on what is is.

Thanks for looking at Whatifalthist. You found one thing in ten minutes. The next civil war video was taken down and re-upped. Try the Understanding... series or the Taboo Questions series and see what you think. Pause the text dumps.

Redpoint5 -- do you think I should start a Bucky Fuller thread? I'd start with the most inspiring thing, how he died.

Quote:
(the Covid-19 pandemic could've been prevented)
Considering the collusion among the high-level actors to create and spread it, how?

Old 05-02-2024, 01:31 AM   #535 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,124 Times in 991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post

Considering the collusion among the high-level actors to create and spread it, how?
Depends on if the interested parties determine whether or not it was altered in a lab or some unsuspecting pangolin eaten for dinner, then allowed to spread before realizing it wasn't pneumonia. Wasn't a disease that kills, but our immune system going all goofy in response to the infection from what I read. Sorta a death by drowning from fluid in your lungs from a agent that found human lungs perfect for reproduction.

Been a couple more odd covid style diseases around lately, but they were stopped via paying attention to the symptoms

Last edited by Piotrsko; 05-02-2024 at 01:38 AM..
Old 05-02-2024, 01:42 AM   #536 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

What are the odds that the doctor who first identified the novel virus and sounded the alarm happened to succumb to it? While it's very possible that's just what happened, it seems more probable there was foul play. I mean, the CCP blamed US soldiers for infecting them, in the city where infectious corona viruses are studied, in which the outbreak occurred. There is a non-zero probability that's just what happened, but I wouldn't put money on that.

Once it was outside the lab, there was no practical way of stopping it

Quote:
"Define define."
Why do you waste your one and only precious life disrespecting people on a forum that are seeking common ground? Do you feel that is a good use of the few moments you've got left?

Last edited by redpoint5; 05-02-2024 at 01:51 AM..
Old 05-02-2024, 05:55 PM   #537 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Do you feel that is a good use of the few moments you've got left?
Amen, bruddah.

It's a convoluted business. There were the military games in Wuhan in November, there was Ft. Detrick palming off research that couldn't be conducted in the USofA.

Personally I like Pangolins, they walk with their front paws crossed.

Old 05-02-2024, 09:28 PM   #538 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Why do you waste your one and only precious life disrespecting people on a forum that are seeking common ground? Do you feel that is a good use of the few moments you've got left?
You're free to stop playing the victim, at any time.

As I said, you guys failed to join a serious discussion.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:33 PM   #539 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
You're free to stop playing the victim, at any time.

As I said, you guys failed to join a serious discussion.
Utter projection.

I took your response and gave a thoughtful reply, piece by piece, and you unsuccessfully try to land baseless ad-hominems.

Redeem yourself by participating in discussion, or continue in your disgrace.

Last edited by redpoint5; 05-10-2024 at 01:34 PM..
Old 05-02-2024, 09:40 PM   #540 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I suppose that there's no way to convince a conspiracy theorist of anything but conspiracy theories. But, the way to prevent a pandemic that was similar to several previous diseases, for which it was well-known that bats were carriers, would be to invest in preparing for the outbreak and shutting it down before it became pandemic.

https://virology.ws/2020/04/30/the-s...een-prevented/

Reply  Post New Thread