Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #151 (permalink)
radioranger

Best way to control people is to scare them , Second best is to form a bunch of regulations ( really they are laws and should be voted on by somebody who represents us.) that so called experts decide on that we can never fire and who are in fact the ruling body, , formulated to set their agenda, Ecomodding could be outlawed or negated because we dont use enough oil or pay enough taxes , so a miles driven tax is already being decided on, put it this way , our forefathers wouldn't have stood for it , even our grandfathers, would be fighting back . No Freedom allowed !

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #152 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
They are trying for or have gotten approved a glycophosphate tolerant lawn grass...so expect MUCH more exposure? Not to mention sweet corn and alfalfa...etc. As enabled by the WH dude.

Big Pharma will have some drugs to cover the symptoms though...so you should be thankful for that.

PLEASE...enjoy your chemical exposures...and we thank you for your cooperation.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL

Last edited by suspectnumber961; 12-03-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #153 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Monsanto plotting to wipe out genetic diversity of corn in Mexico with GMO corn

Monsanto plotting to wipe out genetic diversity of corn in Mexico with GMO corn

If agri-giant Monsanto gets its way, the company will destroy all genetic diversity in Mexico's corn crops by replacing it with genetically modified (GM) corn.

Outgoing Mexican President Felipe Calderon is considering approval of a proposal by Monsanto, along with fellow agribusiness behemoths DuPont and Dow, to plant some 2.5 million hectares (about 6 million acres) of "transgenic or GM maize" in the country's heartland, Digital Journal reported recently, noting that the amount of land is approximately the size of the country of El Salvador.

"According to ETC Group, the consequences will be devastating for the heart of the center of origin and diversity for maize, and also globally," the online publication said.

Ending Mexico's biodiversity of maize as we know it

If approved by Calderon, "this parting gift to the gene giants will amount to a knife in the heart of the center of origin and diversity for maize," said the ETC Group, an organization that works to address the socioeconomic and ecological issues surrounding new technologies that could have an impact on the world's poorest and most vulnerable people, in a statement published on its website.

The consequences of Calderon's decision "will be grave - and global," ETC Group warned, because planting so much GM maize would essentially wipe out all biodiversity, as well as the various local varieties of corn, developed over the course of the past 7,000 years.

"If Mexico's government allows this crime of historic significance to happen, GMOs will soon be in the food of the entire Mexican population, and genetic contamination of Mexican peasant varieties will be inevitable," said Veronica Villa from ETC's Mexico office. "We are talking about damaging more than 7,000 years of indigenous and peasant work that created maize - one of the world's three most widely eaten crops."

"As if this weren't bad enough, the companies want to plant Monsanto's herbicide-tolerant maize [Mon603] on more than 1,400,000 hectares," she said. "This is the same type of GM maize that has been linked to cancer in rats according to a recently published peer-reviewed study."

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #154 (permalink)
radioranger

I understand the seed bank business was being talked about by Glenn Beck a while back, investment quality seeds, better stock up now!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #155 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectnumber961 View Post
They are trying for or have gotten approved a glycophosphate tolerant lawn grass...
PLEASE...enjoy your chemical exposures
I thought these already existed, but it's no surprise to me.

We are exposed to chemicals constantly because we are chemical creatures, so the word "chemical" has no negative connotation by itself. Tell me how someone having glyphosphate tolerant grass would expose me to harmful chemicals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectnumber961 View Post
If agri-giant Monsanto gets its way, the company will destroy all genetic diversity in Mexico's corn crops by replacing it with genetically modified (GM) corn.

"If Mexico's government allows this crime of historic significance to happen, GMOs will soon be in the food of the entire Mexican population,"
What's so great about diversity? I hear the phrase used constantly as something that is desirable, but I have yet to be shown how it is a benefit. Regardless, it is egocentric to believe that diversity can be eliminated entirely.

What law is being broken that makes the introduction of higher yielding crops to a region a criminal violation, especially when the government grants approval?

This rhetoric is poorly (not at all) backed by science or reason.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #156 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Ask any field biologist about diversity. It is incredible important to have DNA diversity within any species, and it is critical to have diverse species, too. Monoculture has no resiliency.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
Old 12-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #157 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Ask any field biologist about diversity. It is incredible important to have DNA diversity within any species, and it is critical to have diverse species, too. Monoculture has no resiliency.
That is true of species that propagate through random chance, but when variables can be thoughtfully controlled, I see little advantage to diversity. Besides that, it is not reasonable to believe we can eliminate diversity simply by planting a non-diverse crop.

I'm excited to see a country other that the U.S. gaining access to lower priced foods.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #158 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Toyota

Team Nissan

TEAM VW AUDI Group
Factory farming is not low price - we are exhausting the fossil water aquifers, the topsoil is washing away, fertilizer and pesticides are poisoning the water and causing dead zones in the ocean, and the fertilizer is breaking down into nitrous oxide which is about 25% of the GHG that humans produce.

The food grown on factory farms tastes lousy, has lower nutrition than organic. We factory farm beef and pigs and chickens, and they are so sick we have to pump them full of antibiotics, and we are not satisfied with how fast they grow, so we pump 'em full of growth hormones, too.

Gee, I wonder if eating meat that is loaded with antibiotics and growth hormones is going to have any effects on us? What happens when the aquifers are dry? As the climate warms, we can't just move farming north - there is no rich soil, and no pollinators, and the sunlight is not what the plants need.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
radioranger (12-07-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #159 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
MIND GAME: Mentally envision a blind, banjo-playing kid, while simultaneously humming the theme song from "DELIVERANCE", and, then, look at the food on your plate!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #160 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Toyota

Team Nissan

TEAM VW AUDI Group
Non-sequitur much?