Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #51 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
If you try and look at the BIGGER PICTURE...which is easy to do when you fly around in a saucer like I do ....it seems that declining energy resources and increasing energy prices (relative to population) are tied to the high levels of debt around the world.

In fact the high debt levels are likely related to previously cheap energy....just that the economists/politicians/military in charge didn't want to see the hockey stick up ahead.

Now that energy is no longer cheap and can no longer power enough growth to dig out from under the debt...what's a war-mongering nation to do? Invade Canada? Already happened?

One side wants to shuck most environmental laws and go for oil/resources in Nat Parks and everywhere they can. Reduce regs so they can exploit people and resources without hinderance. Build up the military to exploit overseas. Go for broke...it will be MORNING IN AMERICA...where you will wake up to haze and cough a lot.

This is fascism...and they have the guns to prove it?

The other side says wait a minute...maybe we should recognize our mistakes and try to mitigate things to some extent....develop alt energy...increase efficiency...etc....regulate the exploiters.

Neither side gives much of a sh*t about global warming because they can't do without GROWTH to cover the debt...the US is mostly bassackwards on this. But global warming will have a cost...you can bet on it.

Regardless of which side gets to "lead"....pain....she be up ahead. You can count on it. The debt relative to energy issues won't be resolved without difficulties....wars...hunger and refugees...all the while global warming will be stalking humans....

We been thru this cycle before with the Carter vs Reagan election. The military/intelligence/industrial/banking cartel won that one....so ask yourself...did the hole get DEEPER?

The next hole probably won't be one that can be gotten out of.....?

* remember...this is just an opinion...it won't change anything...the train is still coming...I can see the light...I can hear the horn...praise the Great Pumpkin!

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #52 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Eben Moglen on Innovation Under Austerity. (URL obfuscated to confound vBulletin, it wants to put the video on this page against my wishes)
Youtube/watch?v=G2VHf5vpBy8

He's a great public speaker, but here's the transcript
Innovation under Austerity - Transcript - Software Freedom Law Center

Who is the debt to? The Secret of OZ
Youtube/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI

Quote:
If you try and look at the BIGGER PICTURE...which is easy to do when you fly around in a saucer like I do
From my underground bunker, I follow Benjamin Fulford on the upcoming Financial Reboot.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Wanna know what (in the US) translates into the high price of gas? The devaluation of the US dollar. Period. Full Stop.

Today's gasoline is actually 40-50% CHEAPER than it was in 1964 accounting for inflation.

Tell me again about how you think gas is too expensive?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #54 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Wanna know what (in the US) translates into the high price of gas? The devaluation of the US dollar. Period. Full Stop.
Back in the day - 1980s - we paid 60+ Belgian Francs for $1 .
We're now paying the Euro equivalent of 31 BEF for $1 .

So the USD is down by half against the currencies that now make up the Euro.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #55 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Why is the dollar being devalued? To reduce the debt payments? Finance wars, SS, Medicaid, and so forth?

Alternate U.S. Dollar Index Chart

Gas vs inflation according to the govt....

The more probable REAL rate of inflation?

Alternate Inflation Charts

What does it all mean?

Since 02...Dollar down by 35% vs other currencies?

Gas up by 130% in terms of Dollars face value.

So....only 1/4 of the rise in gas prices can be explained by the falling dollar...3/4s is due to more demand than supply?

ShadStats inflation ranges from 7 to 10%...avg 8.5%? Meaning avg costs are up something over 200% over 10 yrs?

So over the last 10 yrs gas has gone up less than overall ShadStats inflation...meaning gas costs less than the basket of goods used to calculate inflation?

Gas prices have actually gone down relative to other goods.....

What does it all mean? I have a headache.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL

Last edited by suspectnumber961; 10-29-2012 at 05:06 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Since 02...Gas prices have actually gone down relative to other goods.....
That's very interesting, but all the charts gave me a headache; thanks for the TL;DR. I'll trust your interpretive analysis.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
That's very interesting, but all the charts gave me a headache; thanks for the TL;DR. I'll trust your interpretive analysis.
He's actually right on that point, but for the wrong reason.

The "value of the dollar" is based on a promise right now. We have no real backing for the valuation of our currency except a promise of deliverance of real goods or services in exchange for that green piece of paper.

The ACTUAL value of money is literally it's weight or recyclable value as the material on which it's printed, as our money standard was up until about 1962-1966 in the US.

When we deviated from valuing our money notes according to actual standards of REAL VALUE, and even before that, when we instituted the Federal Reserve in the 30's, our money began losing value.

Remember, your money is a NOTE. It's an IOU, of sorts. It has no intrinsic value, only supposed value. It's also not /your/ money. It belongs to the Federal Reserve, and they have every right to value or devalue it as they see fit. The Federal Reserve, the IRS, and most other agencies of the Government aren't actually Government structures, they're corporations. They have a corporate identity, and backing by the US Gov't, but no legal accountability beyond that of a US Corporation.

Does anyone else see the problem here?

Gas is actually about $0.20 per gallon right now, speaking in terms of silver (what money was made of back in the 60's) based on current market value for scrap silver... which is actually a speculative value, because again, there's no audit for the amount of silver in US possession to date.

It's your paper money that's worthless. And you'll keep working for it and fighting to maintain the status quo because it's what you know and are comfortable with.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #58 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
...when we instituted the Federal Reserve in the 30's, our money began losing value.
Actually it was 1913, and the IRS in 1914. The vote came just after everyone who would oppose it sailed on the Titanic at the invitation of J. P. Morgan, who (whoopsie) missed the boat. No one notices gunshots on a sinking ship.

Google "jp morgan titanic conspiracy"

Quote:
Remember, your money is a NOTE. It's an IOU, of sorts...The Federal Reserve, the IRS, and most other agencies of the Government aren't actually Government structures, they're corporations...

Does anyone else see the problem here?
Bill Still
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Christ (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #59 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Have gas prices gone down compared to other goods, or have the prices of other goods skyrocketed?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #60 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts