Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

1990 CRX HF Transmission - $250

Hello,

I have a 1990 CRX HF Transmission for sale. I bought this 10 years ago with the intent of mating it with a D15Z1 (Civic VX) engine as a project for my CRX. However, my CRX was totaled shortly after, thus ending my intended project.

According to the previous owner who I bought it from, he acquired the tranny from a friend (when he totaled his 1990 CRX HF) and installed it in his 1991 Civic. However, he didn't care for the long gearing with his D16Z6. He stated it had approximately 155K mi total on the tranny.

If interested, please contact me. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I'll try to post some pics in the following days.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by CRXKen; 06-13-2021 at 12:30 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Do you know if it was originally a Cali or Federal HF? It matters because the Cali HF had a 3.25 final drive, which was the same at the VX/CX in the 5th generation. Though the CRX HF had slightly taller 4th and 5th gears, it is not a radical difference from a 5th Gen VX/CX:
https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ios-26279.html

The HF trans can be mated to the 5th and 6th gen D-series engines, but with a little more difficulty because of the need to convert from cable to hydro shifting mechanisms. So how different the gearing is from the VX/CX matters...

Also, what price you asking?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 06-13-2021, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello,

Honestly, I'm not sure. However, I'm pretty sure it was from a Cali car originally. I'm asking $250.

Thank you.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXKen View Post
Hello,

Honestly, I'm not sure. However, I'm pretty sure it was from a Cali car originally. I'm asking $250.

Thank you.
Sorry, I see you might have quoted the price in your subject line and I missed it. $250 seems like a pretty fair price, given how rare the HF is, especially if it is in the condition you think it is. Good luck.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Reply  Post New Thread