Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
Yes you can't tune a 07 but you can burn those maps onto anyother ecu ie a p28 and run it like that. The p28 he was running if that's what he was doing also doesn't support 3 stage v Tec that's where the tune comes into play. If you drive it sensibly you could have it runn right and possibly use less fuel. Shorter pulse width on injectors. And you could widen the lean burn perameters. You can chip a07 ecu it just gets screwy for some reason. And I'm sure were talking about a small turbo to spool quickly and little boost possibly 5 psi?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
If a p28 was tuned by the right guy to simulate lean burn I would build a car ground up like the 3 stage guy did. But hey if someone wants to take apart their Vx to put a turbo on let me know. I'll buy the egr valve, egr box, exhaust manifold, converter, intake manifold, airbox and air duct, ecu, and injectors.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
You can get a p28 burned with 07 maps. If you need a head I can get one 300$ though otherwise i'lf alreay have it as a spare. You can get an egr controller off an accord. Yes it can be made to work quite easily and they are easy to come by. The air box and such is the same on a cx I think the injectors are the same on all of d series's motor unless they have been upgraded to larger ones. I might be able to get you a complete block bottom end and head not sure of status other than " it ran when I pulled it out". Think it like 500$. I had been looking for part to swap the cx for a while. Glad I never did. I personally have a spare fed ecu.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
turbo vtec-e hatchback