Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
I actually cut the injector grounds and put a relay between them and the ground. I don't think there's just a fuse for it in my car.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
Since I have the fuse, I don't wanna cut any wires... I know that removing the fuse disables the injectors(I pulled it to do a compression test)... For now, I'll just key off and back on quickly and add maybe 1% to the odometer reading when I refuel...

My last Ecotec project...
Old 10-13-2016, 12:43 AM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
So, I've gathered some data from trying out full-out EOC... First off, steering is very tough due to the extra resistance provided by the power assist motor on the steering column, and the brakes suck once the vacuum assist is used up(a vac reservoir may be coming), but there are lots of EOC opportunities on my work commute... Using them all, I've been averaging around 42-43mpg indicated... Wait, that looks like no improvement, except that all week(up to tonight), my commutes were made in forty degree weather(one morning started at 38 degrees)... Tonight, the ambient temp was 52 degrees on my trip home, and I averaged 45.3mpg indicated... To put it in perspective, the last time I got numbers like that on that particular trip, it was 90 degrees outside the car...

To clarify the numbers, the UltraGauge calibration still hasn't been changed, so the actual mileage should be around 10% less...

Old 10-30-2016, 08:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
Had to replace a faulty battery, went with a cheap one to keep me going until later... Now, I can aggressively use EOC on my work commute... If I'm not concerned with my average speed (extending coast down distances) I can average way better mileage than usual... Last night, I managed a 49.0mpg indicated trip home(but at 3am and no traffic at all)... Usually, I try and keep my speed up around posted limits, and average 42-45 indicated with these brisk fall temperatures...

Anyway, winter is quickly approaching, and I'm soon to mount my winter tires(just waiting for mornings consistently under 45 degrees), and wondering what other ecomodders do for winter time, with respect to their mods... My Ver2.0 air dam is right at 2.5" off the ground, and scrapes on about everything, should I remove it for snow? Do you guys usually remove wheel skirts?

Reply  Post New Thread