Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Ford Fiesta = Mazda2. The mazda2 has been reviewed in Europe to almost legendary standards. It's no surprise that Ford got one last chassis out of Mazda before selling them off.

The Ford/mazda/volvo platform sharing was PERFECT. Volvo safety, mazda performance and handling and ford's volume manufacturing helped keep costs down all over while building better vehicles.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IF they are dropping the Ecoboost GDI into something like the Fiesta I will be happy.

My grandfather's autoshop is "ford focused" in that at least half of the cars that come through are Fords. Also very few people who live within about 30 minutes of his shop take a Ford to the dealer.

I'll be happy because he always weasels people out of their cars. They come in saying something like, "well I wrecked it and I need this. . .insurance will be paying for. . ." And before you know it he has them convinced its beneficial to sell him the car take the insurance payout and skip off with a new model. Most of his clients are also. . .conservatively fiscal in that most don't have loans on their cars. I will be waiting for someone to wreck one in Jonesborough or Johnson city then. . .

Ford released a statement that their DIE ecoboost could pull 20% efficiency over equally sized engines(My del sol is close to that). So if the ECU is easily replaced with a mappable grid we could see A flood of hyper-FE engines. So instead of having to lead your HF into lean burn if you ram scooped the GDI with an updated ECU you could pulse up to highway, click a switch, and lean burn at 60:1 ratios. Not to mention the GDI in most places can do away with all emissions controls(No hydrocarbons anywhere in the spectrum and NOx and SOx are only between 15:1 and 30:1 with a concentration around 20:1).

The Fiesta might bring us a sack full of presents!

Reply  Post New Thread