Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2015, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

rice rocket - '97 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 32.61 mpg (US)
97 Civic HX

Hi, I just found this site not to long ago. I've owned my HX for about a year and a couple of months now. Mostly only has maintenance and appearance mods at the moment. No real plans for it at the moment I'm just here for the ride. I reside in Dallas.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Manual or automatic? What kind of mileage are you getting, for what kind of driving?

Welcome to the forums!
Old 11-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Team Honda
Can't believe I forgot to mention that, it's manual, of course.

Lately I've been getting 25-28 mix of hwy/city, but right now since i wasn't too worried about mileage and all that it's sitting pretty low...alignment is pretty bad and it's more for looks right now. But i'm looking to change that within the next couple of weeks, already got new shocks/struts on the way and i need to do my inner tie rods and then get it aligned. And then do all the fluid changes and i'll probably be back up to spec on mileage.

Also, I've been trying to diagnose why my battery light is always on. I've been messing with different things and have even gone as far as checking the ecu with my multimeter. All fuses, fan motors, relays and such are good. I mention fans because they dont kick on. Other than that i dont know. Already replaced ground wires, battery, alternator, cleaned all the connections and little things. So I'm stumped. As is everyone else I've had look at it.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Welcome!

Old 12-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Team Honda
Got new wheels and tires a couple of weeks ago, drag dr 23s on stock size falken tires. And got her aligned. Still trying to diagnose the fan issue and haven't had any luck so far. Just need a couple of more things to get and I'll be ready to take her on a road trip to chicago for new years.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Team Honda
A friend of mine had 2 spare rear upper control arms with good bushings and they weren't bent, so the last pieces of the suspension are in and i got them for free all the suspension needs now to get the alignment in perfect spec is a new toe adjuster bolt.

From there my plans are -

Suspension -
Toe adjuster bolt
Inner tie rods
Power steering lines/pump
Re align

Interior-
Visors/headliner
Horn/srs steering wheel trim
Miscellaneous trim pieces
Clean/dye interior to black
New dimmer switch/figure out what's wrong with gauge cluster
Fix windshield wipers

Motor-
Fix fans
Oil/trans/coolant/brake flushes
Replace leaking brake booster
Valve adjustment
Windshield wiper tank
Finish wire tuck
Re paint valve cover
Bleed clutch/brakes

Get registration/inspection
Old 12-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Team Honda
Here are some pics. I haven't made any progress on it other than fixing my leaking fuel filter, and getting a scan gauge to start getting more accurate readings.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor97hx View Post
Here are some pics. I haven't made any progress on it other than fixing my leaking fuel filter, and getting a scan gauge to start getting more accurate readings.
For not doing much work, yours looks like its in really good shape.. if not awesome shape! I'm new here, restoring, more like having rebuilt a 96 HX. So I know what you're going through. What was wrong with the fuel filter? Leaking fuel line?
Old 12-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Team Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneheadlight View Post
For not doing much work, yours looks like its in really good shape.. if not awesome shape! I'm new here, restoring, more like having rebuilt a 96 HX. So I know what you're going through. What was wrong with the fuel filter? Leaking fuel line?
Thanks! I try to take care of my cars, i am the third owner of it so it hasnt had too rough of a life it was a good start.

I replaced the fuel filter a little while back and got the wrong size washers for the banjo bolt, noob mistake but at least nothing bad happened. Its a great little car despite how painfully slow it is.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor97hx View Post
Thanks! I try to take care of my cars, i am the third owner of it so it hasnt had too rough of a life it was a good start.

I replaced the fuel filter a little while back and got the wrong size washers for the banjo bolt, noob mistake but at least nothing bad happened. Its a great little car despite how painfully slow it is.
oh yeah that washer, well good it was a simple fix. On mine had to replace the entire run of brake lines, fuel/vapor lines. Luckily Honda still made them! rust is terrible up here in michigan. ugh!

Not to tell ya what to do, but you might want to check the distributor's timing. I had that issue on my HX and it turned the car into a dog. Eventually had to replace the distributor (honda discontinued their distributor) with an aftermarket, went through 3 or 4 until I found a decent quality brand. But yeah timing, just to help you out.

Reply  Post New Thread