Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Nden Send a message via Yahoo to Nden
Turtle EG seat swap Del Sol n2 EG Civic

after some mucking around with 2 decent Del Sol front seats (highly prized among honda owners) i bought at ecology for $23 pr I got them in my 92 VX !

About a month ago I tried or did a half-ass job installing the passenger Del Slow seat. I swapped only the outside rail at 1rst cuz it was super 90+ degree hot weather and mentally worn out from being in the sun a few hours at ecology earlier. Plus @ 1rst glance, it didn't look like i could take off the inner (close to ebrake) rail or seat pan completely. DUH me.

Finally SUN nite during sunset (cooler) I gave it the huzzzah try after speaking to some1 else who'd done the Del seat swap into an EG. On 1 side, there are 2x12mm nuts, and a single 10mm bolt that holds a rail to a "L" shaped piece which connects that rail to the seat pan & upper back part along with 2 or 3x14mm bolts.

DOWNside to swapping the driver's EG seat w/Del completely= del slow seat pan seems to be sunk lower so I felt like my seat was a low rider inside the car and was barely reaching the bottom rung of my steering wheel LOL . I was busy doing errands in the AM so I rode to work (pm 2nd shift) and back like this. It was comfy back support n legs but seemed too low and like the previous owner was a fat-ass cuz the thigh support was sort of at a decline. IMHO. So I swapped out the del sol seat pan with the EG bottom part of the seat and its back to the height I'm used to, with the highly desired back section of the del slow seat connected. Yes It's a true honda-hybrid now. The passenger side I shall finish completely swapping the inner rail as well & leave it that way, so I can chill out/nap in the passenger seat! Its soooo comfy in the passenger side w/complete del slow seat, but too low for me as a driver.

http://www.deantaber.com
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ecoformance Engineer

EJ7 - '96 honda civic Hx
Last 3: 58.02 mpg (US)
Good job man, those are some of my favorite seats also

For the driver side if you want to keep the del sol bottom you should be able to undo the hog rings and swap the actual metal seat pan and keep the lower cushion of the del sol seat also.

70 mpg or die modding

www.full-race.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
looking forward to seeing what kind of uber-sipper slinks out of the full race skunkworks.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
I've been installing Del Sol seats in all my Hondas from my 91 hatch to my 91 crx to my 98 GSR to my 94 VX, gotta love 'em.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

yup very nice =). i preferred the civic bottom seat because the del-slow bottom pan's height is too low and has a downward slope toward the pedals. plus i'd have to add some washers to the 2 bolts on the steering colum to lower it (ghetto-tilt) LOL. pimpin 4 sho !!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mater - '98 Dodge 3500 Dually

Wilber - '99 Toyota Corolla LX

Minyatta - '93 Mazda Miata MX-5
For wear, is it possible to swap the left drivers seat to the right passengers side. The drivers side always wears where we get in & out at, if you know what I mean, on the lumbar support.

Has anyone tried this, move the cushions & keep the levers/mechanics?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

no it is not possible the way seat is made.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nden For This Useful Post:
Dave's Civic Duty (04-01-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 02:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
recession proof rebel

pics?

true wealth comes from good health and wise ways
Reply  Post New Thread