Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by some_other_dave View Post
You can say that again.... The registration cost is based on a nominal "value" for the vehicle, which I think depends on original purchase price and annual depreciation.

For my "old car" (1974 model year), registration is about $70/year. No smog testing is required.

For my "new car" (2012 model year), registration is something like $350/year, but is dropping relatively quickly. Smog testing has not yet been required for it.

My wife has a 1982 car and a 2000 car. I don't recall the registration fees for those, but they are certainly between the two sets that I pay. Smog testing is required every other year for them, and it costs about $80 for the test and cert.

-soD
My 2000 Insight (just paid it today) was 98$, my dad's 2004 Corolla was 137$, and my Mustang (as I said before) was 79$. I think in Cali the age of the vehicle determines how much it costs, idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Insurance is extra for us. The Metro costs a whopping $175/yr (liability only) though lol. The Prius is $285/yr with collision.
Wow! I pay a whopping 90$ a month (1,080) a year to insure my Insight + Mustang, along with 50k life insurance.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

79 a year in VA, if you renew online you save a dollar and if you do an extra year or 3 you save another.

Id consider the hybrid plates since it did something for hov lanes or tolls, but it wasnt clear how that works.

I had a custom plate, but someone else had the same thing, but mispelled. I would get tickets in the mail for that persons location. I had to deal with that til I went to a generic randomly assigned plate.

Reply  Post New Thread