Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Coroplast Engineer

AV - '04 Chevy Aveo sedan - not LS
90 day: 34.28 mpg (US)

Jolteon - '00 Honda Insight MT
Team Honda
90 day: 77.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo-francis View Post
how did you attach the rear wheel skirt?
To attach my wheel skirts, I first drilled into the lip on the wheel well where the body panel ended. With those holes, I used self-tapping screws (with silicone to prevent the body panel from rusting) to attach aluminum L-brackets to. The top three screws on each wheel skirt are connected directly to the L-brackets with the use of a U-speed nut. The two screws on each end hold an aluminum strip of metal that runs across the wheel that I cut longer than the length of the wheel well to keep the skirts bowed out so as not to contact the tires. My inspiration was taken from this thread.

I will post pictures in a couple of days to help explain because my explanation is probably lousy.

Quote:
see the tread in my signature on underbelly pan. should provide you with ideas!
Thanks, I've already read your thread, and it seems like a good idea. I already tried using pop cans and that didn't really work and the catalytic converter ended up melting through the front panel. Then, I took the panel off and just cut around the hole so the exhaust wouldn't contact the coroplast. For now, I am pleased with it, but if I decide to clean it up, I will most likely use a mesh screen covering like you did and save myself the worry.

I will soon be posting pictures of my underbody panelling when I get a chance.

AV Build Thread
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread