Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
My son has not the slightest idea what other people are experiencing. My wife was ill a few days ago and went to bed early. He just cannot grasp that. He does not feel tired himself, then his mother cannot be tired?
At times he seems to display empathy, but we are never sure whether that is real or just rehearsed role play.

My son can also get angry on the slightest of issues and then there is no measure on his retaliation.
Luckily it is mostly words, but things like 'I want the whole world to die' (f.i. when told it is time to go to bed, after ample prewarning) show his lack of moderation.

What is fascinating is that he is able to deal with little disappointments most of the time, sometimes accepting them without any emotion whatsoever, or hardly a shrug. But gradually his display of emotions verges towards normal; nowadays he may also show slight disappointment about something, in a normal fashion.

We get help of course, but the insurance companies have dropped support for Aspergers lately for periods longer than a year; this was sanctioned by our goverment... We can deduct costs from the income tax, but the level is set high and depends on weird rules.
The bureaucracy and delays for getting additional help at school are horrible and exhausting. Enough to rant about.

We live in hope, fear and agony. We cherish the good days.
My son is a very nice kid and popular at school despite his problems.

My son knew the Greek alphabet at age 5, including the archaic letters. He is still in diapers (at 6).
How many parents have to change their kids diapers while the kid recites the Greek alphabet backwards, correctly determines the day of the week for any date in the past or future, ponders about the universe, etc...?

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 03-13-2014 at 07:12 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread