Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 07:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Fixing that sticky pedal may eventually lead to a slight improvement in fuel savings, plus it'll be also safer.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMHondaGuy View Post
Hello,

33yr old white male Christian checking in, former U.S. Army field Artilleryman, spent 8 years in the regular army, deployed 3 times, got married, have 3 kids (all with my wife) got out, hunted for a job, found and quit several, finally got back to my home state and am now a TIG welder in a sheet metal fabrication shop.
I got to do a little TIG welding in a welding class, WOW is it hard. I would end up melting way more metal than I would add. MIG welding on the other hand: EASY MODE!

Artillery, cool! What caliber(s)? One piece or two piece ammunition? If one piece, what did you guys do with the spent casings? I've got an inert ammo collection going, my goal is to touch the ceiling, which is 50 inches up from my dresser. Unfortunately when ammo gets that big and heavy, it turns into two piece ammo, so i'm having a really hard time finding shells that big. The biggest one i've got is the 40mm bofors at 21 inches tall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0559.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	23346

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMHondaGuy View Post
Wow!

This one is at 322,000 on the clock but you wouldn't know it driving it. I can't always drive quite how I'd like too without getting run over. In GA speed limits are more like suggestions lol.

Yesterday when I got home I was 1 needles width below half a tank and had 270.2 miles on the trip meter, eager to see what the base line is.
Yep, get to drive on GA highways all the time, absolutely agree with the above statements. I honestly feel that when the speed limit is 70, people drive slower/more calmly. When its 55 they go crazy.

Add yourself to the EM user map! \/

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...

The Following User Says Thank You to Daschicken For This Useful Post:
DSMHondaGuy (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Sipper - '98 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 40.14 mpg (US)
LOL I have to have 5 posts to post a picture so here's a BS post to hit 5.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
I got to do a little TIG welding in a welding class, WOW is it hard. I would end up melting way more metal than I would add. MIG welding on the other hand: EASY MODE!

Artillery, cool! What caliber(s)? One piece or two piece ammunition? If one piece, what did you guys do with the spent casings? I've got an inert ammo collection going, my goal is to touch the ceiling, which is 50 inches up from my dresser. Unfortunately when ammo gets that big and heavy, it turns into two piece ammo, so i'm having a really hard time finding shells that big. The biggest one i've got is the 40mm bofors at 21 inches tall.

Attachment 23346

Yep, get to drive on GA highways all the time, absolutely agree with the above statements. I honestly feel that when the speed limit is 70, people drive slower/more calmly. When its 55 they go crazy.

Add yourself to the EM user map! \/
I was a 13D so I did FDC (Fire Direction Control) Basically I did the computational side of the firing solution to tell the Howitzers (and launchers) how to hit their target. I was heavy artillery so 155mm howitzers and rocket artillery (MLRS & HIMARS) There are no spent casings with 155mm, you open the breach of the howitzer and load the round which is esentially a big ass 90lb exploding bullet with whatever fuse on it that's appropriate for the fire mission, that can be timed or point detonation (hits something and goes boom) Timed allows for air burst or delayed after impact.

The artillery "shells" look like this. Just grabbed the picture from a google search btw, not mine. But that's what they look like, those eyelits come out and the fuse gets set and screwed on before they're fired. In each case comes the powder charges, depending on what's needed to range the target given the firing solution (can fire short distance high or low angle for example) depends on how many bags of powder are thrown in behind the round. Charge 8 (max) makes a nice huge boom. The blast from the muzzle is actually lethal if you're standing in blast area E (echo) which is the area along side the "gun" think of a range fan coming from the what is essentially a giant muzzle brake, if you're standing there when it fires, you're seriously injured or killed depending on location and charge being fired. Can also be serious injured or killed by the "gun" recoiling if you're in the way.

Honestly rocket artillery is superior, BUT it has a pretty far minimal distance so if the target is inside that range you either have to have the launcher relocate or use howitzers inside that distance.

Added to ecomodder map. Also just logged my baseline for this car, 38.78MPG! Not a bad start, now to see if I can get better.

Last edited by DSMHondaGuy; 01-13-2018 at 09:49 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSMHondaGuy For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (01-12-2018), roosterk0031 (01-11-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
^^
See, this is what I like about this forum. The scope of knowledge is pretty broad.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
ASV
weirdo

yea know I like scoping out the pretty broads to ��
The Following User Says Thank You to ASV For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (02-19-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV View Post
What ???
Old 01-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV View Post
<sad trombone>
Bad weirdo! No biscuit!

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Reply  Post New Thread