Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

no nickname , it's just a car - '04 volkswagen golf tdi
"Sorry but there is such a gauge, a Vaccum Gauge...

Rich
"

yes of course ,
however
the vacuum gauge has already been invented and in order to use it in the car , you need to run a vacuum line and mount the gauge somewhere ,

but a simple wire from the "load sensor" to a small high impedance voltmeter either analogue or digital samples the signal with the most authority that the ECM / PCM uses for calculating how much fuel to add at almost any given time ,
not counting decel fuel cutoff or clear flood or open loop WOT fuel enrichment conditions ,

better still, but much less simple ;
to just use the calculated load PID in scan data .....
lower is better for fuel economy ....
but most people will not want to have a laptop on the passenger seat as they do most of their driving , and it is awkward and distracting to look to the right seat all the time ...

Last edited by mwebb; 10-06-2009 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: left something out
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Typos will be the death of me...

True BUT a vacuum guage does a great job, it shows when you add a little throttle (lower vacuum...) and when you step off (higher) and it can also do some checking and warning of problems in the engine as well...so for a little cost and a lot less work of hanging that meter and hooking up to something and trying to figure out is more voltage a good thing or a bad the vacuum gauge is butt simple low vacuum low mileage...

And there are those great looking piller pods for mouning it and it can look cool.

I have had one in every car I have owner from my 56 Studebaker on....(it was stock in the Stude

Rich

Reply  Post New Thread