Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #51 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

i have a brand new Honda civic, my first small car in decades. My first time driving on a small amount of snow I experienced lots of skidding even at very slow speeds. The roads were not that bad either. they had been plowed and just a small amount of snow was on the road. I tried it once on a road with an even more significant, but moderate amount of snow and that was a nitemare of an experience. I feared my car was on the verge of doing a full 360 and that was at speeds of only around 15-20mph. I was unable to continue a long trip; I had to turn back and go home. I will def consider pricing snow tires next winter.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 47.95 mpg (US)
I'm driving a 94 hatchback (VX) and it's great in the snow, no complaints at all. It is better than my Dodge Neon was. I have some cheap but relatively new winter tires on it and I have not had an issue all winter (southwestern ontario, Canada). If i was going to be real picky, the only "complaint" is that with the very short wheelbase, if the back end slides out, it rotates quite quickly. However this only happens if I pulled the emergency brake mid corner, . For it to happen going around a corner normally...well then you are driving too fast for the conditions and need to slow down, regardless of what vehicle you are driving.

Reply  Post New Thread