Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Nailed it FC!

I can get behind preparedness and efficient use of resources.

One thing that boggles my mind is how unprepared most people are financially. If someone has had an adult job for a few years, they should have at least 3 months of cash on hand. That means one must always be living slightly below their income level. We have the reverse, with most people living beyond their income level; carrying $6k in credit card debt.

That's like reverse prepping, or unprepping.
I've finally gotten to the point where I can pay a little extra on things.

There's broad disaster SHTF scenarios, where we all wind up eating each other if we don't have a garage full of #10 cans of freeze-dried hamburger, and there's personal SHTF: layoffs, illness, etc. This latter can be prepared for just by socking a few extra bucks into each bill payment.

Okay, I'm a twit for not picking up that sweet sweet interest by keeping my savings in Savings. Sure, but what is that interest rate anyway? Not much where I live. I'm not missing much.

But if I had to stop paying my internet payment today, the credit that account has built up would keep my email going for over a year. You can do a lot of job searching, for instance, in a year. Tough to do without email anymore.

Somebody could steal a stash of cash, but my accrued credit with service providers is a little safer where it is. That's a different kind of prepping.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (09-16-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread