Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Saving@Home
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
2000 Honda Insight

I haven't joined up but have been reading lots of information for quite a few years from the link that Patrick posted in post#7 Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

From an early age, I've looked at people borrowing their means rather than living their means and have had opportunities to have no car loans by driving 10 year old cars and skirting high car insurance rates by buying ones that I don't need to insure collision/comprehensive on, maintaining enough to deal with hardships and challenges, conserving money which also conserves resources most of the time. I see some friends who make the same as I do who ask me how I own a house when they don't at the same age, I usually point them to their frequent restaurant and spending towards the service industry and electronics that are short lived. Granted I own a number of electronics but I usually buy smart and at the right time so things can be bought at a lower price and last longer. Grocery store choices are huge too. I bought $150 of groceries a couple of days ago and the cart was overflowing, I probably won't go back to the grocery store until the gallon of milk is a week past its expiration date which is how long it takes me to go through a gallon.

I found a thread on the ERE forum that the OP posted about a guy who is single, 27, and doesn't want to get married or have kids. I think in our society that is one of the biggest difficulties to young single people who make money, its hard to find a like minded female who saves their money in their mid-20s, seems they are always shopping and going to restaurants and want kids. The world looks at me differently for being happy being single for the past few years and not looking for someone to be with, yet once women know I own a house, they get excited and attracted for the wrong reasons thinking I'm going to take them out and buy them food or jewelry when its because I don't go out to eat and eat at home that I have a house of my own. Yet they somehow find it creepy that I want them to come to my place for coffee/eating, it makes the decision of not dating them easy. I haven't joined either of those forums because it seems that I don't have much to contribute since they are roughly on the same page as me but it is definitely a good read.

The Following User Says Thank You to MN Driver For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (02-03-2011)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread