Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2019, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Israelis 3d-printed a human heart

It is only big enough for a rabbit and it will be a month before it can pump blood, but maybe in four years the best hospitals could print vital organs with the patient's own DNA.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...g-cnni-vpx.cnn

This raises big questions, like how do we tax this? Won't people live too long? If we upgrade human systems, are they still human? If someone is 10% made in a laboratory, are they still human?

I do not see where the controversy is supposed to be. If a firefighter lost his or her legs and got prosthetics, they are still human!

Just wait until I finally get my silicon implants. All that I ask for is the functionality of a 2000 cellphone, except smaller, and in my head.

Much smaller please.

I am not sure that I need a four-function calculator, I can do most of that already, but a notepad, calendar, alarm, and snake game?! Yes please!

Of course, telephone functionality would be useful, too. Digital telepathy!

How do you regulate that in school? There was a news story about school kids broadcasting test answers to their classmates and some nonsense about cheating with $800 watches that you need to charge every night.

What happens when people can play Candy Crush in their heads--while driving?

What if they create implants that can control Parkinson's, Cerebral Palsy, and other disabling and\or terminal conditions? What if you can add a chip to boost the processing power of individuals with autism, down syndrome, or the children of celebrities--or celebrities themselves?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The game.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	25773  
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-18-2019, 04:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
It is only big enough for a rabbit and it will be a month before it can pump blood, but maybe in four years the best hospitals could print vital organs with the patient's own DNA.
The story i got is that it will spasm like a frog leg if you jolt it with electricity. But no coordination. That may take longer than a month to sort out.

And, sadly, even longer before you will be assimilated into the Borg.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Correction, they printed a third wave feminist heart.

Ayyway it's not workable. They need to print tiny veins and capillaries. Veins need to be printed, and the finer capillareis (fine as a fine hair) could be perhaps induced by angiogenic agents.

Other technic it's about the use of cadaver's hearts, removing the dead cells, lefting a scafold of connective tissue (no cells), and this scafold could be filled, popullated, by cells of the patient who would receive this heart.

No workable complex organ was ever printed to use, just a bladder made on lab, using cells of the receptor patient, was produced and transplanted to the patience. A portion of a trachea was also created and transplanted. But blader and trachea it's so simple, just one kind of cells together creating a shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Old 04-18-2019, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Episode 495 Scott Adams: Mueller, Sleepy Joe, Crazy Bernie, 3D Printed People

Scott Adams talks about in 100 years printing entire people. The conversation runs to Star Trek transporters and the movie The Prestige.

Hearts will be difficult, and maybe the stomach (considering we do some of our thinking there) but the brain is the real challenge. Considering the quantum effects that take place in the microtubreles.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

It will be easier get imortal, or almost, by produzing a new bio body (clone) that would born without brain and keept by a incubator to fast grow and a electric system to keep the body alive without brain, and transplant the brain from a grow-up. And the brain would need rejuvenation, maybe by telomer rejuvenation and estimulation of cell reprodution.

Each brain cells have thousand of connections with other cells. It's not just print placing cells together, unless for a very initial stage, like creating a embryo fetus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Episode 495 Scott Adams: Mueller, Sleepy Joe, Crazy Bernie, 3D Printed People

Scott Adams talks about in 100 years printing entire people. The conversation runs to Star Trek transporters and the movie The Prestige.

Hearts will be difficult, and maybe the stomach (considering we do some of our thinking there) but the brain is the real challenge. Considering the quantum effects that take place in the microtubreles.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Else on-going maintenance of the original body via CRISPR gene editing.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Edit genes it's different from deaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Else on-going maintenance of the original body via CRISPR gene editing.

Reply  Post New Thread