Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Can't believe this was taken seriously!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Laurentiu... For your info I am 30. As far as multiple postings... I didn't know I could do that... I signed up using my phone and also to those that think that it is a perpetual motion machine.. It's not... If you want to I can give my instant messanger screennam to y'all and I can explain it to you... Once again I had the idea just a few ideas ago so if anything according to some of those that decided to put in data instead of acting like little brats (btw my 6 year old is more mature than you... You know who you are). But I digress. According to some of yalls data it would lengthen the distance you could travel... I don't really know anymore... Once again i thought the majority of the people I would be talking to would be adults... Not rejects from a daycare center.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
Yes, people don't want to listen to you. We're mean-spirited and immature.

I'm still waiting on an explanation of what powers the alternators, and what powers the thing that powers the alternators. You can post it right here in the thread.

If the alternators are the thing that powers the thing that powers the alternators, that's a perpetual motion machine, and the subject has been fully studied at great length. Every time you convert energy from one form to another, you end up with less than you started with.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
To create motion you need a fuel supply. The only fuel supply you have is a couple of batteries, therefore your range would be measured in feet, not miles.

A concept must pass the laws of physics and the reality of daily operation. I don't think you should start building your concept until you understand the energy flow and consumption.

It's cheap to learn without spending money.

regards
Mech
Old 07-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Thunder - '01 Chevy Z71 4X4
90 day: 20.25 mpg (US)
Hmm, lets see. A 300amp alt will require ~400 amp to run. so what you should be working out is how to come up with the 400amps that does not require the use of electricity supplied from your circuit.

Wind: Well wind energy is great! Except that the force created by moving the wind mill instead of letting the wind move the blades is the same as the issue with the alt. It takes more energy to move the mill than the mill can produce.

Solar: Solar is also great but you are limited by available space for panels, and available sun light.

Gas/other fuel source: Well the purpose of this exercise is to limit our use of consumables, right?

Gravity: Perhaps you could make a machine which would use the pull of gravity to produce motion... would be an interesting exercise for the mind! I think you would find yourself in the same situation of overcoming gravity costing more than the energy produced by it but who knows...

Pedal Power: Remember before taking off on this course, that it is far more efficient to convert pedal power to motion than electricity and then that to motion.

Chain/Rope: This could be fun but a little dangerous, especially when you get caught...

I am open for any discussion on any other source I may have missed,
Old 07-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Thunder - '01 Chevy Z71 4X4
90 day: 20.25 mpg (US)
Oh I do have an excellent use for building a perpetual motion machine. I have a friend who is a machinist and is about 90 years old. He is working on his machine and is convinced it will work! He literally lives for this machine and it is doing an excellent job of keeping him alive and his mind as sharp as a tack! ... So long as you don't mind bending the laws of physics a bit while he is around

Reply  Post New Thread